If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Uganda: Senior Finance and Administration Manager – International Position
Organization: Management Sciences for Health
Closing date: 08 Jan 2016
The USAID/Uganda Health Supply Chain program (UHSC) Senior International Finance Manager (SFM) is responsible for financial management and administration of the UHSC activity and assists in strengthening finance within the UHSC activities and pharmaceutical finance. The SFM has overall responsibility for the financial and economic management in line with the approved work plans and related budgets. S/he will communicate program requirements to Country Operations Management Unit (COMU) regarding all program administrative functions including procurement, payments human resources, tenders, etc. managed by the COMU and under the leadership of the COMU Director.FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
The SFM will liaise with the COMU, local partners, USAID and MSH’s headquarters regarding any financial aspects of program implementation, contract, risk management, cost share, cash flow, burn rate, governance and all other matters related to finance and administration. The SFM will also ensure that resources are allocated and used in compliance with contractual requirements, applicable regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures. The SFM also will, in close collaboration with the health economist, play an important role in program implementation and assessment in the area of pharmaceutical financial management and cost effective, equitable, and transparent utilization of EMHS resources.
Pharmaceutical Finance (40%)
- Assist UHSC and in collaboration with the principal health finance adviser, COP and DCOP and other line managers to the development, design and implement program activities in areas such as equity, pharmaceutical finance management, tracking of medicines and supplies allocation in the Ministry of Health, cost-benefit analysis, feasibility studies and implementation of a health insurance scheme.
- Lead annual work planning and budget development process Assist program managers to develop activity budgets. Ensure compliance of program expenditures with approved budgets; ensure the consistency, inclusion and accuracy of costs and that they comply with agreed policy and practices.
- Revise overall and sub-budgets as needed throughout the work plan year.
- Maintain systems for program budget monitoring and tracking that include financial and contractual data. Provide routine pipeline analyses to COP and USAID. Also, provide any ad hoc reports requested by USAID. Lead annual PEPFAR expenditure analysis exercise. In addition, perform routine financial analysis on program expenditures, documenting and monitoring overall performance, analyzing trends, identifying gaps to ensure efficient and sound project management.
- Develop cash flow projections and track burn rate.
Program Operations (20%)
- Take the lead in contract management. Working with program staff, home office and partners to draft and manage contracts and monitor implementation. Provide routine progress reports to program management team.
- Working with the Program senior operations officer, and the line managers to ensure effective liaison with COMU, implementation of COMU standards and practices including but not limited to finance and accounting, budgeting, procurement, recruitments, payments, assets management, and general office operations and administration that falls under the role and responsibility of COMU.
- Take active role in program planning and reporting with the lead in program management and finance section.
- Provide senior level strategic support and guidance to the project team in all areas related to project financial management.
- Supervise the SCMS field office administrative staff to ensure that the program receives adequate and timely support.
- Work with other MSH projects and COMU Finance and Administration staff to coordinate common policies, standards and practices, including maintaining up to date the Risk Registry and actions required to ensure that risks are adequately managed.
- Take responsible for risk management and good governance
- Together with COMU implement standard procedures and forms that promote and/or ensure program compliance with the cooperative agreement terms and conditions, and that ensures program spending provides the best value.
- Ensure in collaboration with COMU all program staff are trained on USAID Rules and Regulations and compliance with the Cooperative Agreement.
- Ensure with the Program senior operations officer, that all equipment is inventoried, tracked and managed per USAID rules and MSH standards.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience from financial management.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership and financial management skills and experience including from working in Uganda.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets and in-depth knowledge of USG financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Experience in sub-contract development and management. Experience in financial governance and risk management.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience is preferred. Experience in international public health highly preferred. Eight (8) years of experience in financial and administrative (including human resources, procurement, logistics) management of complex businesses and large international development programs. Management of USG projects is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong analytical skills with experiences in financial analysis including budget, cost-benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, process and procedure reviews, business reviews and strategic planning.
- Strong proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases with mastery of Excel spreadsheets is required. Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated excellent English language skills (both written and oral) with strong communication and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player.
- Able to direct and motivate staff
- Process oriented
- Can manage work with shifting priorities and new tasks
- Can manage and coordinate a variety of activities simultaneously
- Work in a team-oriented environment while driving for results
- Creative problem solving
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability and willingness to travel within Uganda as required.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.