If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Ukraine: Shelter/NFI Manager
Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date: 12 Nov 2015
Pending funding, DRC is looking for a highly qualified and capable Shelter/NFI Manager for activities in eastern Ukraine, based in Mariupol.
Who are we?Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
The Danish Refugee Council/Danish Demining Group (DRC/DDG) operated in Ukraine in 1998-2000 in the return and reintegration of Crimean Tatars, and from 2007-2013 for the protection of asylum seekers and refugees, as well as the capacity building of government and civil society.
Today, DRC/DDG implements activities in eastern Ukraine to assist internally displaced and conflict-affected persons. DRC/DDG offices are located in Donetsk, Mariupol/Berdyansk, Dnipropetrovsk, Severodonetsk, and Kyiv. In Mariupol and Berdyansk, activities include the distribution of cash and non-food items, light to medium shelter repairs, protection activities through legal assistance, information, individual assistance to families and mine risk education. In Mariupol DRC is currently implementing Winterization through cash transfer and protection activities. Donors include ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR, UNICEF, and Danida.
About the role
The Shelter/NFI Manager will take primary managerial responsibility for a multi-faceted project for the Shelter and NFI assistance to the most vulnerable persons on government controlled territory affected by the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine (Donetsk and Southern Zaporizhia Oblast). This project aims to enable the displaced population to access shelter solutions that provide privacy, security and protection from the elements, emotional support, and a space to live and store belongings in a dignified manner. Regarding IDPs who have fled the conflict zone, DRC is undertaking winterization assistance through cash transfer with OFDA funding. In villages along the conflict line whose accommodation was affected by the conflict, DRC is implementing projects with in kind shelter material and NFI material under UNHCR funding and Multi-purpose cash grants programming across two Oblasts with DFID funding. The Shelter/NFI Manager will be based in Mariupol with frequent travels to the buffer zone, Berdiyansk, and surrounding districts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited, to the following:
Planning and Operation
- Direct management of DRC shelter/NFI activities in government controlled territories of Donetsk and Zaporizhia Oblast (Mariupol and Berdyansk and surrounding districts)
- Supervision of national DRC staff related to shelter/NFI as well as office staff in duty station in general
- Secure technical standards for DRC constructions to meet donor’s as well as international standards in design and realization
- Ensuring SOPs and beneficiary information brochures are developed and maintained for each project.
- Attend and support shelter-related coordination bodies and ensure tangible contributions by DRC
- Supervising the drafting of relevant technical reports and assessments for internal and external use
- Advise DRC Ukraine on the appropriate shelter strategy and directions for further developments
Organisation, administration and personnel management
- Overall responsibility for the management of project staff, including warehouse staff
- Ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct throughout activity implementation
- Capacity building of national project staff
- Responsible to ensure that all project processes and procedures are conducted in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook and also the respective donor’s requirements and rules, where applicable
- Responsible for the timely and qualitative completion of all project reports
- Responsible for the supervision of budget adherence on the project
- Responsible for setting up / rolling out a comprehensive M&E component to measure impact of projects to beneficiaries.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- An advance degree in architecture, engineering, or a related field
- International experience in in humanitarian mission with technical and supervisory tasks
- At least 5 years of experience in leading and managing an NGO project, including in the field of shelter/NFI with preferably cash programming experience. Experience in emergency and housing repair construction in conflict afflicted settings a plus.
- Proven management skills
- Contract management skills
- Experience with ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR and DFID funded projects a plus
- Some experience in cash transfer programming would be desirable.
- High computer literacy level with expected proficiency in MSWord, Excel, PDF, and Internet
- Experience in procurement of shelter and NFIs
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of shelter/NFI staff (including partners) through trainings, mentoring support, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups and nationalities
- Experience capacity building and mentoring partners
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; working knowledge of Russian/Ukrainian a strong plus
- Previous DRC experience a strong advantage
- We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of nationality, race, gender or age
Pending funding, DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6-month contract, renewable dependent on funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.dk under Vacancies. This position is classified at level A11.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact the DRC Ukraine Country Director, Krista Zongolowicz,firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to DRC staff will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
How to apply:
Interested? Go to www.drc.dk and find Current Vacancies. Find the job on the list and apply for this position by clicking on the apply button here
If you have questions, or encounter problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close date: 12th November 2015. If an appropriate candidate is identified, DRC reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.