If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Director of Health
Organization: Project Concern International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 31 Oct 2015
Job Description The Director of Health is responsible for leading and growing PCI’s work and reputation in Health, which includes programming in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition (RMNCH); HIV and other infectious diseases; non-communicable diseases; as well as health systems strengthening. S/he will manage PCI’s Health Unit. S/he will represent PCI in appropriate DC networks and to PCI’s key donors, including USAID, PEPFAR and CDC. The Director will identify, pursue, and secure new strategic health-related growth opportunities both with existing donors, and new and non-traditional donors and investors, including the private sector. This effort will focus on building networks and creating strategic alliances/partnerships in support of robust health program growth and related research and thought leadership. The Director is accountable for expanding quality health programming within PCI’s integrated development framework consistent with PCI’s mission and strategic priorities. Expanding PCI’s health portfolio will be achieved through integration and in coordination with other key technical sectors (Food, Nutrition and Livelihoods Security and Humanitarian Assistance/Disaster Risk Reduction), key cross-cutting areas (Gender/Women Empowered, Local Capacity Strengthening, Strategic Information for Impact, Innovation (SII)) as well as with the New Business Development Unit (NBDU).
Key Duties & Responsibilities:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Positioning and New Business Development
- Identify, pursue and secure opportunities for program development and growth in the area of health driving the growth of PCI’s health portfolio;
- Lead the development and writing of major health-related proposals, as well as act as lead writer/reviewer of health-related sections of integrated proposals;
- Diversify PCI’s donor/investor base by developing partnerships that lead to funding from the private/corporate sector, foundations, bilateral and multilateral donors;
- Represent PCI to key health donors, both private and US Government (USG)
- Engage in health-related public policy dialogue that informs and shapes policy decisions of the USG and other bilateral and multilateral agencies;
- Inform, influence, and shape major programmatic solicitations (RFAs, RFPs, etc.) in Washington DC and at USAID Missions, using PCI’s best practices, lessons learned, etc.;
- Represent PCI in national, regional and global health leadership, advocacy, policy forums in collaboration with other Health Unit members;
- Lead and manage PCI’s health team with a focus on resource development, strategic planning, direction-setting, prioritization of organizational resource investments, and positioning of PCI as a leader in health programming;
- Advance PCI’s innovation agenda in health programming;
- Serve as reviewer and/or lead writer for program reports, work plans, reference materials, technical guides, capacity statements, marketing materials, and publications;
- Provide leadership and guidance to increase PCI visibility in the area of health through presentations at major conferences, publications and networking; and
- Support capacity building of PCI staff (especially field staff) in positioning country offices to be better informed and prepared for funding solicitations and leadership opportunities in health.
Health Program Quality
- Lead the engagement of the Health team in the development of PCI’s Program Quality Management System, including the development of Gold Standards of Performance for health, and their dissemination throughout PCI;
- Build the capacity of field programs to understand and implement programs to PCI’s Gold Standards related to health programing;
- Ensure that technical assistance is provided to PCI field and International Office (IO) staff as necessary, and provide technical assistance in the Director’s technical area(s) of expertise;
- In collaboration with SII, lead the development of PCI’s research agenda in health partnering with think tanks, health research bodies, universities and the USG (e.g. USAID, PEPFAR, CDC, etc.) as appropriate;
- Ensure the identification, capture and sharing of relevant lessons learned and promising practices in health for improvement of quality program performance; and
- Identify and bring innovative approaches to PCI’s health and related program implementation, documentation and learning.
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required
- Domestic and International travel up to 30% time
- May manage staff
- Advanced degree (MPH/PhD/MD) in a relevant health field.
- Reputation as an experienced, credible and strategic leader within the international global health field, in one or (ideally) more of the following fields: HIV/AIDS and infectious disease, RMNCH, non-communicable diseases, and health systems strengthening.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive technical and field-based programmatic experience, with an emphasis on health programming within an international development organization.
- Development philosophy in keeping with PCI’s mission, vision, core values and approach to integrated, community-driven programming.
- Proven track record in securing significant program funding from a variety of funders, both private and USG, including program design, proposal writing, networking, partnership cultivation, and marketing, as well as proven experience in developing inter-institutional linkages.
- Experience working with corporate partnerships to bring diverse resources to institutions and their programs.
- Experience working and networking with international donors, such as USAID, other bilateral development agencies, multi-lateral development banks, United Nations agencies, foundations, and corporate philanthropies, particularly in the international public health sector.
- Experience working with international health-related research organizations (e.g. WHO, CDC, UNICEF, NIH, universities, etc.).
- Expertise in cross-cutting technical expertise areas such as behavior change communications, social norm shifting, gender, local capacity strengthening, community mobilization, etc. within the health field.
- Exceptional communication and representational skills, including oral, written, and public speaking.
- Experience in leading a multi-lingual, multi-cultural staff.
- Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills.
- Proven capacity to innovate and inspire innovation in colleagues.
- Comprehensive understanding of ongoing international development issues related to the health field.
- Understanding of the international institutional infrastructure related to health.
- Strong financial management experience with knowledge of government contracting and proposal budget development.
- Experience living and working in the developing world.
- Fluency in Spanish (preferred) or French.Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.