If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Operations Manager
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 20 Oct 2015
Chemonics seeks an operations manager for the ongoing USAID-funded Adaptation Thought Leadership and Assessments (ATLAS) project. ATLAS is an $18 million, three- to five-year Washington D.C.-based task order for the Restoring the Environment through Prosperity, Livelihoods, and Conserving Ecosystems (REPLACE) contract. The project will increase the ability of USAID and country partners to strategically address vulnerability to climate variability, reducing its negative effects on people, places, and livelihoods. ATLAS will improve the quality and effectiveness of USAID and country development programs for climate risk reduction. This is a full- time, long-term, home-office based, billable position.
The operations manager oversees and implements all aspects of ATLAS operations. The manager will also support the Chief of Party and the ATLAS technical team by helping coordinate technical activities, liaising with the client, and providing research as needed. The manager will supervise the events coordinator and other short-term support and technical staff. This position will serve as USAID point of contact for the following activities:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
• Activity management: The operations manager coordinates with the Chief of Party, ATLAS technical team, and USAID to provide operational and other support for design and implementation of technical activities. The manager oversees a schedule of events and activities, ensuring that operational, budget, and technical parameters align. Events include client and partner meetings, activity scopes of work, submission of technical analyses and reports, and technical workshops.
• Financial management: The operations manager oversees the billable project team’s finances and technical activity budgets; reviews and approves monthly accounting reports and responds to questions from the project management unit. The manager ensures financial accountability of project team operations and the provision of necessary financial information to the client.
• Personnel management: The operations manager supervises the project management unit in recruiting and hiring. The manager handles distribution of staffing for each individual task, drafts and reviews consultant scopes of work, supports recruiting efforts, and ensures that consultant deliverables are submitted on time.
• Tools for management: The operations manager establishes and maintains information management tools for project operations and knowledge sharing. The manager supervises several information management tools as requested by the client including, shared GoogleDrive space, an internal task management OneNote workbook, schedules, and other content.
• Excellent communication and organization skills with demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals/groups and serve as a major point of contact across multiple remote teams
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused manner
• Ability to ensure compliance with all USAID and other government requirements, and Chemonics policies and procedures
• Minimum three years of relevant project management and program coordination experience required
• A strong background and/or interest in learning about climate change adaptation desired
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Apply through our Career Center at https://www1.apply2jobs.com/Chemonics/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.SearchJobs by October 20th,2015. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.