If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Program Manager, Market Shaping
Organization: Clinton Health Access Initiative
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 26 Nov 2015
Founded in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI's teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
Background:Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
CHAI is launching a new program to expand access to cancer treatment in Africa. The program will focus on engagement with pharmaceutical manufacturers as well as in-country support to the governments of Nigeria and Ethiopia. We are building a small team of ambitious, creative individuals to design the strategy and jumpstart the work.
The state of cancer treatment in Africa today looks similar to that of HIV in the early 2000s. There are effective tools to diagnose and treat cancer, but access is largely limited to wealthy countries. Sub-Saharan Africa’s cancer burden is significant and growing. In 2012, there were an estimated 626,400 new cases of cancer and 447,700 deaths from cancer in Sub-Saharan Africa. Cancer incidence in Africa is projected to increase by 85% in the next fifteen years. And yet, the global market for cancer treatment functions poorly for people with cancer in Sub-Saharan Africa, resulting in high prices and limited availability. Fewer than 5% of patients who need it receive chemotherapy, and more than half of the countries in Africa have no radiotherapy at all.
• Ethiopia, with a population of 92 million people, has 61,000 new cancer cases and 45,000 deaths from cancer each year. Cancer treatment is provided at one hospital in Addis Ababa, which has four oncologists, 18 beds, and two radiotherapy machines.
• Nigeria, with a population of 169 million people, has 102,000 new cancer cases and 72,000 deaths from cancer each year. Yet there are just ten medical oncologists and 20 radiation oncologists, and radiotherapy is available in only nine hospitals.
As a result, cancer in Sub-Saharan Africa is 50% more lethal than in more developed countries, with mortality-to-incidence ratio of 0.71 vs. 0.47. CHAI’s goal is to close this gap.
CHAI seeks to transform the global market for cancer treatment and achieve significant gains in treatment access that will demonstrate that investments in this area can yield scalable results. The program will include two core components: 1) global market-shaping with the goal of significantly lowering the cost of cancer treatment and 2) scale-up of access to cancer treatment in Ethiopia and Nigeria.
Location for this role is flexible to CHAI programmatic countries pending country leadership approval.
The Program Manager will work to achieve affordable yet sustainable cancer treatment prices, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Lead analysis on cancer market dynamics including demand forecasting, production capacity of key manufacturers, production technologies and their costs, cost reduction strategies, product development and manufacturing timelines, and manufacturers' development and marketing strategies
- Support analysis of cost of goods sold and other analyses to support price negotiations for low-income countries
- Screen chemotherapy and radiotherapy suppliers, examining their product portfolio and pipeline, regulatory status and potential, and production capacity
- Manage relationships with suppliers
- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions
- Other activities, as needed
- ~30% travel required
Cancer is a new program within CHAI, and the strategy towards transformational change is still being developed. Thus, we are seeking a highly motivated individual with an ability to think creatively and work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment. The Program Manager must be able to function independently and flexibly, recognizing opportunities as they arise. This role is both internally and externally focused and requires a high level of relationship management. CHAI places great value on the following qualities: resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, tenacity, independence and work ethic.
- Bachelors degree and 5-10 years of work experience in a demanding, results-oriented environment- a background in strategy consulting, pharmaceuticals, investment banking, or similar field is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to think creatively, handle ambiguity, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb/synthesize a broad range of information
- Strong work ethic and flexibility
- Experience working in public health or the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in the commercialization / launch of new products in emerging markets
- Advanced degree in management, public health, medicine, or other relevant fields
How to apply:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qdmpfys4sf
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.