If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Project Accountant (Compliance & Subgrants)
Organization: Freedom House
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 02 Nov 2015
Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net,*and*Nations in Transit. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we**support the right of every individual to be free.**
Position SummaryFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
The Project Accountant (Compliance & Subgrants) position will facilitate the subgrant awarding process and will also be responsible for the post-award subgrant financial management. These subgrants are awarded under assistance instruments funded through private, foreign, and US government funds. She/he will be responsible for the subgrant approval process, subgrant financial reporting, budget analyses, including the enforcement of organizational, foreign, and USG regulations on subgrant expenditures. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Manager for Compliance and Subgrants.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration with emphasis in accounting
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of relevant experience in progressive accounting and grants administration
- Six months international non-profit or public accounting experience preferred
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience encompassing A/P, General Ledger, transaction analysis, budgeting, and account reconciliation
- Knowledge of USG Circulars & USG Code of Federal Regulations, to include OMB A-110, A-122, A-133, 22 CFR 226, 22 CFR 228, CC CFR 145, 2 CFR 200, including any and all updates/changes to these circulars.
- Prior experience working with NGO accounting in a fast paced finance department preferred
- Strong ability to apply GAAP, and work within strict guidelines and procedures
- Strong ability to understand the flow of transactions and use an integrated accounting system
- Excellent attention to detail, specifically when working with numbers
- Strong analytical skills, and excellent judgment in problem solving and decision making
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to successfully work with diverse groups with limited or no understanding of accounting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a client-service focus, and respond to inquiries in a courteous and professional manner
- Awareness and understanding of human rights and democracy promotion
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and analyze documents pertaining to the subgrant approval process
- Review subgrant financial reports and prepare coding sheets for posting to the general ledger
- Conduct subgrant financial trainings and provide consultations with internal and external parties
- Conduct OFAC/EPLS checks on subgrants, consultants, and vendors
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
- Participate in program meetings, planning and problem solving meetings as needed
- File and scan financial documents as needed
- Resolve all-work related problems promptly, and use good judgment in escalating issues
- Ensure all work products comply fully with standards, policies, and mission with Freedom House
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. Freedom House may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
We offer great benefits including:
- Generously subsidized dental insurance
- Generously subsidized vision insurance
- Generously subsidized health insurance with three options (HMO, POS, PPO)
- 100% employer paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
- 100% employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental/voluntary life insurance for employee, spouse, and child(ren)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with generous matching funds with 2 year 100% vesting schedule
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro, and garage parking in DC
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies
- And much more……
How to apply:
Qualified and Interested Applicants
We invite qualified candidates to complete an online application and submit a resume, and cover letter with salary history and desired salary (only candidates who send salary requirements will be considered for the position) to:
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.