If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Senior Technical Advisor – Gender and Youth
Organization: Management Sciences for Health
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 08 Dec 2015
MSH seeks a Senior Technical Advisor for Gender and Youth to provide expertise and leadership in developing and overseeing innovative, state-of-the-art gender and youth programming. The advisor will be located in MSH’s Health Programs Group (HPG), which promotes maternal and child health through integrated health service delivery programs.
S/he will be responsible for building and managing HPG’s portfolio of work on gender and youth globally, and will provide technical leadership, guidance and representation of MSH’s gender and youth related programs. S/he will support projects and country programs in the design and implementation of integrated gender and youth programming that seeks to improve the health of women, girls, men and boys. The Senior Technical Advisor will collaborate closely with experts in HPG’s key areas of technical excellence: maternal and child health, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, health service delivery, health financing, human resources for health, health information systems and leadership, management and governance. S/he will also be responsible for documenting and disseminating the impact of our innovations in addressing gender barriers within the context of health systems strengthening.FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Technical Assistance (30%)
- Integrate current global best practices on gender, youth and health into US and field-based projects in the area of maternal health.
- Promote, guide and enable evidence-based innovation in new and existing projects.
- Work with project directors to ensure projects are advancing best practices, achieving expected targets and meeting client expectations.
- Build the capacity of HPG staff in the field and at home office to design and implement gender-based and youth based approaches to promote maternal and child health.
- Develop evidenced-based tools, training materials and supervisory materials for youth health programming and gender integration and gender transformative health programming.
- Advise country project teams and review project work plans for HPG and ensure MSH-wide quality and consistency of gender and youth interventions.
- Work with MSH’s Results Management Impact and Organizational Learning Team to review and provide guidance on standard indicators for gender and youth and ensure that project performance monitoring plans are in line with current best practices.
- Build and contribute to HPG’s knowledge base by documenting best practices, producing case studies, evidence briefs and peer-reviewed publications.
Program Development and Strategy (new business)(50%)
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for growing the gender and youth portfolios within HPG.
- Partner with the Program Development and Strategy Unit to identify and prioritize new opportunities in the area of gender that align with the Group’s overall program development strategy.
- Ensure that all proposals submitted by HPG include appropriate and innovative approaches to integrating gender into health programming.
- Serve as the technical lead, contributing writer, and/or reviewer of proposals. Work with proposal teams to formulate compelling and responsive technical approaches, competitive staffing and management structures, and provide inputs into the proposal budgeting process.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key donors and partners. Identify potential strategic partners and funders, and support efforts to strategically diversify MSH’s portfolio.
Knowledge Management (20%)
- Maintain a knowledge base of effective and innovative gender and youth approaches being implemented in MSH projects around the world. Showcase these interventions in diverse professional fora, including conferences, panels, publications, blogs and other methods of communication.
- Contribute to the global knowledge base by leading efforts to ensure MSH’s gender and youth work is appropriately documented and published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Serve as the public face of MSH’s gender and youth portfolio, and provide thought leadership in relevant global and national-level debates.
- Advanced degree in public health related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in developing and integrating gender approaches into large-scale health programs.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in developing and implementing youth and health programming.
- Extensive knowledge of the current best practices and innovations in gender transformative health programming.
- Successful track record in developing winning proposals and working with key donors in global health (USAID, CDC, Global Fund, DfID, etc.).
- A track record of relevant publications and presentations to key global health audiences.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese desirable.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, work well as part of a team, and incorporate views of other disciplines into his or her work.
- Demonstrated organizational, managerial and supervisory, skills and abilities; sound judgment; high ethical standards; flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a variety of cultural settings, complex environment and fragile states.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Skills in statistical programs (SPSS, EPI info, etc.) are an added advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel to countries in which MSH works up to 40% time as required.
- Ability to provide senior-level representation in global level discussions on gender and youth.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.