If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Senior Technical Advisor, Research, Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation
Organization: Project Concern International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 31 Oct 2015
Job Summary:The Senior Technical Advisor for Research, Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation oversees PCI’s research agenda and provides leadership in evaluative and programmatic research, including but not limited to coordination of PCI’s IRB, evaluative research, operational research, qualitative research, action research, impact research, measuring “real and lasting change” and other innovative research methodologies aimed at assessing the impact, sustainability and lasting change of organizational interventions. In addition, this position provides research, monitoring, learning and evaluation (MLE) technical support and assistance to program staff at the International Office (IO) and in the field. Priority areas also include contributing to the measurement and documentation of achievements under PCI’s Strategic Plan and strategic directions; drafting proposals to secure funding for studies that support PCI’s research and MLE agenda; designing, managing and assuring the quality and success of special studies; maintaining collaborative working relationships and efficient communication among all professional and community partners; and ensuring the timely achievement of PCI’s organizational research, MLE and documentation goals. This position is responsible for the dissemination of results, including the preparation of abstracts for conference presentation, manuscripts for publication and development of methods papers and tools. It also contributes to the implementation of organization-wide strategic information management activities, including capacity building in research and MLE methodologies, the integration and institutionalization of research and MLE systems, and setting/meeting standards for improved program design, quality, documentation, and the use of information for decision-making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
PCI’s Research Agenda (40%)
- Lead implementation of research activities, working in close collaboration with the rest of the Strategic Information for Impact (SII) and Technical Services (TS) Units.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of organizational capacity building activities to expand and strengthen research initiatives, package information for resource mobilization for research and learning, increase visibility of the investment of programmatic and other resources in MLE and research and ensure consistent documentation of processes, results, impact and lessons learned for programmatic improvement and generation of resources.
- Develop and manage a standardized system of coordinating global research efforts, including a process for identifying appropriate studies, obtaining proper internal and external ethics approvals, providing ongoing technical support for research studies and supporting the dissemination of results through refereed journal publications, conference presentations and other venues as appropriate.
- Lead efforts to identify opportunities for design and implementation of a variety of research studies, including studies conducted in collaboration with external partners.
- Lead the development of plans, budgets, resource requirements, specifications, and contingency plans for research projects.
- Coordinate PCI’s Institutional Review Board.
- Identify and facilitate utilization of appropriate state-of-the-art research methodologies throughout the organization, including providing technical support and guidance in ensuring compliance with domestic and international ethical standards in research.
- Design, organize, manage and / or provide high-level technical support and quality assurance for key research studies research projects focused on PCI’s key programmatic areas and crosscutting initiatives using a variety of research methodologies.
- Coordinate, screen, train and manage study teams globally involved in research agenda.
- Conduct research on particular phases of completed projects, including coordinating, training, managing field and IO staff involved in research.
- Produce progress and final reports for submission to granting agencies, and other documents to support research funding.
- Identify strategic opportunities to share PCI’s programmatic models, achievements, lessons learned and results in key conferences, publications and other venues.
Strategic Plan/Strategic Directions**(20%)**
- Support implementation of Strategic Plan, Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (PMEP).
- Support global evaluation strategy to determine the effectiveness, efficiency and impact of all Strategic Directions (SDs).
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to “prime movers” on strategies for measuring success/effectiveness of strategies implemented by all SDs.
- Support pilot studies, formative, operational research and post-project sustainability studies, required by SDs.
- Support data management of SDs, including developing a system to monitor the quality of data collected and reported, protocols and schedule for data analysis and reports templates.
- Lead preparation and sharing of reports on status of SDs progress for various audiences (Board, IOLT, Global PCI, other key stakeholders).
- Develop and oversee implementation of plan to address MLE capacity building needs of PCI as related to the SDs.
M&E technical support to new and existing programs in designated countries including proposal preparation, program design and planning (25%)
- Provide support to proposal preparation for new and/or expanded programs.
- Assist in writing, developing, and/or reviewing project proposals, including leading the design and drafting of monitoring, evaluation and research components.
- Provide technical assistance in M&E system design and rollout for start-up countries and new programs
- Monitor implementation of M&E plans and provide technical assistance as needed
- Support the coordination, design, and implementation of selected project evaluations, including baseline assessments and special studies.
- Support coordination, design and implementation of selected project baseline, mid-term and final evaluations.
- Provide supportive supervision, coaching mentoring to local MLE counterparts in assigned countries
- Assist with reviewing and updating MLE and research training materials.
- Support the strengthening of organizational capacity in application of state-of-the-art research and MLE methods and techniques.
Identification, documentation, and sharing, both within PCI and externally, of best and promising practices (10%)
- Lead the development of effective systems for learning, documenting and sharing of results both within and outside of PCI.
- Lead the preparation and submission of abstracts to priority conferences.
- Lead the development of manuscripts for publication, including adaptation of conference or resource materials, and generation of original content for refereed journals and other publications.
- Ensure technical quality of publications and presentations.
- Build the capacities of IO and field staff to produce high-quality publications and presentations.
GIMS (Global Impact Measurement System) (5%)
- Support GIMS Phase 2 to increase visibility of global programmatic resources and financial investment, and ensure consistent documentation of processes, results, impact and lessons learned for programmatic improvement and generation of resources.
- Support report design to ensure accurate and concise documentation of accomplishments, improved program design, and compliance with donor requirements
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required:
- Requires international travel – 25% time
- Advanced degree (Masters required, PhD or equivalent degree preferred) in Public Health, Biological, Environmental, Social Welfare or Social Science, with broad-based expertise in research design and operational methods
- International NGO work experience in project or program leadership
- At least 8 years of professional experience in research and MLE related to international development programs and sound experience in planning, programming and evaluation, with at least 5 yrs in a similar role.
- Experience in integrated community development and civil society capacity building
- Familiarity with and sensitivity to gender issues
- Considerable work experience and capacity to collaborate with partners at multiple levels, including MOH officials, NGOs (local and international), representatives of civil society and USAID partners
- Proven capacity to effectively manage processes and programs, as well as manage and mentor staff with various levels of skills and experience; strong negotiation and facilitation skills
- Experience with IRB submission and research involving human subjects
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, including knowledge of common statistical software packages, health information technologies and software applications, relational database systems and web technologies
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research techniques, including planning of studies and investigations, determining variables, selecting appropriate sampling methodologies, developing bibliographical and other sources of data, and preparation of research reports; general knowledge of statistical principles and procedures, including methods of collecting statistical data, simple correlation methods and sampling techniques.
- Ability to creatively adapt research and evaluation techniques, methods and tools such that they are as practical and feasible as possible for implementation in a programmatic and organizational/real life setting with limited resources.
- Experience conducting population- based studies with responsibility for successful recruitment, cohort retention, data collection, data processes and quality assurance procedures for a diverse sample of children and families.
- Experience supervising staff and organizing and managing study teams of field workers.
- Strong organizational skills to manage complex and fast-paced studies with frequent deadlines, precise scheduling and multiple priorities
- Strong writing skills to prepare reports, scientific publications, promotional materials and research proposals, including proven capacity to write for publication
- Experience communicating effectively and working with public agency, NGOs, health care provider and community representatives
- Proven team leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-cultural skills
- Spanish and/or French language capability preferred
- Interested and able to travel 25% of the time to exciting and remote field sites
Job Location San Diego, California, United States
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.