If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Writer/Editor – Nutrition Data and Analytics
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 12 Nov 2015
Background & Rationale
UNICEF places a high priority on the availability of recent and reliable information with which to monitor the situation of children and women. Statistically sound and internationally comparable data are essential for developing evidence-based policies and programmes, as well as for monitoring countries’ progress toward national goals and global commitments, including the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). UNICEF publications are viewed with high regard among the UN, governments and other partners, especially in the realm of nutrition.FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
A series of evidence driven papers have been in high demand from the programme division of UNICEF New York as they are needed to help drive policy and programme decisions. At the same time, UNICEF global databases require expansion to enable a more rigorous data quality review process. The purpose of this terms of reference will be to generate high quality peer review papers on key topics for policy and programming decisions as well as generating an expanded set of unicef global nutrition databases.
To generate high quality peer review papers as well as expansion of UNICEF global nutrition databases with high quality dissemination products.
Expected results: (measurable results)
· Output 1: (20% of time): A peer review paper on missed opportunity related to early breastfeeding practices and immunization using household survey data as well as other programmatic data sources. Expected completion date: initial analysis for UNICEF advocacy publication: February 2015; submission of peer review manuscript: June 2016.
· Output 2: (50% of time): 3 UNICEF Global databases on nutrition have been expanded to encompass additional parameters (e.g. 95% confidence intervals, data quality parameters, etc). Expected completion date: salt expanded database May 2016; breastfeeding expanded database July 2016; anthropometry expanded database September 2016.
· Output 3: (15% of time): Graphs, maps, interactive tools and related dissemination products developed for 4 nutrition topics. Expected completion date: infant and young child feeding March 2016; anthropometry and iodized salt June 2016; vitamin A supplementation September 2016.
· Output 4: (15% of time): databases, designed graphics and text for 5 major publications fact checked; Expected completion date: monthly – up to 10 requests fulfilled per month.
New York Headquarters
Start date: 30 November 2015
End date: 30 September 2016
Key competences, technical background, and experience required Deadline
· Advanced university degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, Statistics or a related field.
· 3-5 years of Junior level experience undertaking tasks related to data analysis and database management with some experience at the international level
· Proven expertise in analysing large datasets using SPSS and/or STATA
· Proven track record of developing publications of peer-review quality
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to take initiatives and work independently
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Fluency in English
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send their submissions to < email@example.com >with subject line:
“Writer/Editor – Nutrition Data and Analytics”**by**12th November 2015, 5:00pm EST.
Applications must include:
· Cover letter,
· CV, and
· P-11 form (http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc)
· A copy of the most recent peer-review publication you are an author on
· Indicate where you heard about this advertisement
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
NOTE: Files should not exceed 5.0MB limit
UNICEF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
*P 11 form can be downloaded from our website at*http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.