Mobile phones are much more than just a means of communication these days. In fact, if you load up the right apps before you fly off on your next holiday, your cell might just save you a whole lot of hassle. But which apps are the most suitable for your journey? Read on to find out the 10 best travel apps for holiday in 2020.
1. HotelTonight – If you are in a fix and can’t find accommodation whilst you’re away, HotelTonight has you covered. Dozens of luxurious places to rest your head in multiple cities across the world are available via the app up to one week in advance, and you might even be able to nab yourself a 70% discount too!
2. TripIts – Ideal for those who need a little organisation in their lives, TripIt’s is the perfect itinerary scheduler for while you are away from home. It helps you navigate everything from airline details, hotel and restaurant bookings, and even car rental information can be stored in this clever little application.
3. Award Wallet’s app – If you, like so many of us, are a points junkie, then Award Wallets app is perfect for you. Keep track of all of your awards and rewards as you travel the globe, making sure that you never miss the next great deal wherever you are in the world.
4. FlightCar – Working on the ever-popular peer-to-peer system, FlightCar is a car rental firm with a difference. Park at one of the airports in the twelve cities the company currently operates in for free and if someone needs to hop into your car while you’re away, you’ll be rewarded with cold hard cash. Sweet!
5. AirHelp app – AirHelp is like having an airline guru in your pocket. Delays, cancellations, overbooking problems and any other random airline gripe you may have can all be explained to you in layman’s term thanks to this clever application.
6. Field Trip – Stuck for things to do while you’re away? You won’t be if you have Field Trip on your phone. This app works out where you are and gives you suggestions on great things to do nearby – how handy is that?
7. EveryTrail – To get the most out of the city you are visiting it is always a good idea to do a lot of your sightseeing on foot. EveryTrail gives you numerous walking tours all complete with handy turn-by-turn directions, meaning you’ll never put a foot wrong with this app on your phone.
8. WeatherPro – If the standard weather app on your phone simply doesn’t cut it, WeatherPro will see you through regardless of where you are in the world. With in excess of two million locations updated to give you accurate information in the palm of your hand, WeatherPro is a must for those who need to know what’s in store for the coming days.
10. TravelSafe – TravelSafe gives you a database of emergency numbers that might just get you out of a bind should ever you need help while you are away. Having travel insurance for single trips is one thing, but sometimes you might need quick access to the local police, fire or ambulance services at your fingertips. If you upgrade to the Pro version you’ll also get embassy details too. Better safe than sorry, after all!
Bio: Laura Reeve is the Marketing Executive at Avanti Travelcare, who specialise in travel insurance for those with pre-existing medical conditions, and are one of very few that have no upper age limit on their policies.