Afghanistan: Proposal and Report Writing Advisor
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Afghanistan: Proposal and Report Writing Advisor
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 03 Nov 2015
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 12 months
This role will sit within the Awards team and will work with the Awards team and other departments involved in programme and proposal design and development. The aim of this role is to develop existing Country Office staff capacity in developing proposals and reports and ensure that this knowledge and appropriate systems are embedded.
The post holder will be expected to analyse the key gaps and challenges in the proposal development and report writing, with support from the Awards Managements, Program Development, Quality and Advocacy (PDQA) and PI departments, and work with the Awards team and other key functions on addressing these. Support should be provided by way of trainings, coaching, roll out of systems and tools. The post holder should also ensure that proposals are developed and implemented using an integrated, cross-sectoral approach. The position holder will also be expected to support the Awards team to ensure coordination between technical and operational teams and make sure that proposals are developed in coordination.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified professional (preferable Master's Degree) in the field of development studies, sociology, or other development related fields.
- Minimum of five years of senior-level experience in programme implementation, having worked with local non-governmental and civil-society organizations, preferably within a chronic/conflict setting.
- Good skills and experience in all aspects of programme cycle management – design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate complex technical ideas in a clear and compelling way
- The ability to synthesize inputs from multiple sources into one cohesive document with a unified voice
- Experience writing proposals for DFID, EU and other bilaterals, foundations
- Experience at an INGO and knowledge of some technical areas such as humanitarian assistance, health, nutrition, protection, education, livelihoods or WASH)
- Attention to detail and exceptional organization
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with large teams and to communicate clearly
- Proven coaching, facilitation and training skills.
- Outstanding English-language skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent knowledge of international donor approaches and regulations, especially for DFID, ECHO and DFTAT-D.
- An excellent team player with good skills in team work and consultative approach to decision making.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's vision, mission, values and principles.
Willingness to travel to the provincial field offices, depending on security, in order to lend technical support to the provincial programme-implementation teams who should be involved in proposal design and report drafting.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: '[email protected]'
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.