Afghanistan: Public financial management advisor
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Afghanistan: Public financial management advisor
Closing date: 28 Sep 2015
Chemonics seeks a short-term project financial management (PFM) advisor for the ongoing $22 million USAID-funded Afghanistan Public Financial Management (APFM) project. The PFM advisor will provide a baseline assessment of the PFM revenue and budget components in Afghanistan. The assessment will focus primarily on activities performed by the Afghanistan Ministry of Finance (MOF) and Afghanistan Revenue Department (ARD) but may also encompass activities performed by other departments. The assessment will include a review of staffing capacity in key areas, identify the reasons for any staffing deficiencies, and propose recommendations to increase staff capacity.
Additional objectives of this assignment include: 1) identifying potential tax and non-tax revenue sources, 2) recommending measures that will increase taxpayer compliance and reduce revenue leakage, and 3) providing recommendations on possible assistance the APFM project could provide. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Review and analyze information pertaining to PFM in Afghanistan
- Meet with relevant stakeholders in Afghanistan, including government officials from the MOF and ARD
- Conduct a baseline assessment of the revenue and budget components of the PFM system
- A Ph.D. in economics, public policy, or institutional fiscal management, or a related field preferred
- A minimum of 25 years professional experience in public financial management, fiscal and public sector reforms, and institutional strengthening reforms
- Experience in assessing PFM systems in developing countries
- Experience in designing PFM assistance programs, preferably for USAID-funded programs
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Regional experience in Afghanistan preferred
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by September 28, 2015. Please include "PFM advisor" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to [email protected] with only "PFM advisor – APFM" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.