Afghanistan: Senior Education Advisor
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Afghanistan: Senior Education Advisor
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 14 Oct 2015
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 2 years
The role: The main purpose of this position is to provide overall technical support, guidance, and proactive efforts in developing new proposals in the development of Save the Children's education programme in Afghanistan. The position is part of Program Development and Quality department and requires close collaborate with Program Implementation department to develop and maintain quality education programming in Afghanistan under the leadership of Ministry of Education.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree or equivalent level education in education or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years' experience of working with INGOs in education sector
- Demonstrable experience of developing education strategy and successfully implementing basic education programmes in developing countries, preferably in post-conflict or transitional countries
- Knowledge of basic education in a developing context including child-centered and activity based learning approaches
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of programme development, including proposal writing and monitoring, review and evaluation
- Demonstrable experience of representation and policy work, and developing working relations with donors and government
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to think and plan strategically, analyse and problem solve, and be creative
- Cultural and gender sensitivity and ability to work as part a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Team player and advocate for education team collaboration
- Proven skills as a trainer/facilitator and mentor
Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles
Teacher training experience.
Curriculum and materials development experience.
Knowledge / experience of early childhood development
Experience of education in developing countries with multiple languages.
Knowledge of Afghan languages (Pashtu / Dari) or other language(s) using an Arabic-based script.
Previous Afghanistan experience
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: '[email protected]'
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.