If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Australia: Policy & Advocacy Adviser (Health & Nutrition)
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 23 Nov 2015
Identify and seize opportunities to increase the scale and impact of Australia's nutrition interventions
- Lead and shape nutrition related advocacy efforts through a coalition of aid agencies, academia, policy think tanks and the private sector
- Using original research, policy analysis and media savvy, develop Save the Children's position as a thought leader on nutrition and health for the most vulnerable children in the Asia-Pacific
About the roleFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Health and Nutrition Adviser to join us at Save the Children Australia (SCA) as part of our Policy and Advocacy team based at our head office in East Melbourne.
We are looking for someone to provide expert policy and advocacy advice across a range of aid and development and child rights policy issues. In particular, this position will focus on health and nutrition policy and will be responsible for implementing a campaign that aims to increase funding for nutrition in international development, to support better nutrition outcomes for children in the Asia-Pacific region.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* Proven experience in delivering successful advocacy campaigns, including through private and public lobbying, both independently and as part of a coalition.
* Policy analysis skills, including the ability to analyse complex policy issues and adapt for a variety of audiences.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to adapt writing style for a range of audiences and products including government submissions, internal policy briefs and media.
* Highly developed contract management skills including: managing budgets, ensuring contractual timelines are met; reporting against deliverables; and a proven track record of excellence in service delivery.
* Stakeholder management skills both internally and externally.
* Ability to network and build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
* Higher degree in public policy, international relations, development, politics or a related topic.
* Experience in Health Policy or Nutrition, highly desirable.
About the organisation
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We are working hand in hand with our supporters to create a world where the rights of the child are protected, and where every child has access to the things we take for granted: basic health services, good nutrition and education. We believe that every child should have the opportunity to learn and have a voice to speak for themselves.
Besides working for a high-profile international organisation that makes a real different to children's lives, Save the Children offers generous salary packaging benefits, a friendly and flexible work environment, and great career opportunities.
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume via our careers page at http://www.savethechildren.org.au/about-us/careers . All applications must be submitted through our website.
People from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applications close November 23 2015
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation and this is fundamental to our work in achieving the rights of children. As such, all SCA employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmFjaGVsYS45MzQ4OC4zODMwQHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmF1LmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.