Bangladesh: Team Leader for Trade Intelligence
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Bangladesh: Team Leader for Trade Intelligence
Organization: IBI International
Closing date: 16 Oct 2015
IBI International seeks a Team Leader for Trade Intelligence for a long-term position on a project in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Background: IBI International is implementing the USAID-funded Bangladesh Trade Facilitation Activity (BTFA), a five-year project designed to bolster economic growth by creating greater efficiency in cross-border trade. The project will support the Government of Bangladesh’s efforts to improve and modernize Customs and other trade processes and procedures. USAID-BTFA, will be working closely with Bangladesh’s National Board of Revenue (NBR), Ministry of Commerce (MoC) and other government border agencies to implement this project, guiding these Bangladeshi institutions to take the lead in defining needs and building their own sound programs and policies.
Objective: The primary objectives of this position are to provide specialist insight in trade intelligence, to work with the NBR Modernization team to implement the project, and to perform the duties and responsibilities required of this position.
Period of Performance:The estimated level of effort for this assignment is approximately 18 months, commencing on or about January 3, 2016.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Team Leader will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and work under the general guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to accomplish the specific tasks outlined hereunder:
· Establish the legal framework and identify any necessary additional legislation.
· Identify and develop the capacity of the Intelligence Directorate in Dhaka and key regional locations.
· Draft Intelligence guidance/ instruction manuals and training modules.
· Mentor and train NBR/ Customs Intelligence staff.
· Develop a mechanism for public and trade to provide the NBR/ Customs with information.
· Advise on and contribute to the development of a national intelligence database.
· Contribute to the development of risk profiles for the Risk Management Unit.
· Develop communication mechanisms between HQ, the provinces and other border agencies.
· Assist in the preparation of national/ international MoU/ cooperation agreements.
· Review the current status of API/ PNR initiatives through stakeholder engagement, and prepare a ‘Roadmap for Accessing API/PNR’ for NBR/ Customs.
· Other duties as directed by the Chief of Party.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in management information systems (MIS), ICT, Web Master, Customs or other relevant field, or equivalent;
· Minimum 10 years of demonstrated International expertise in one or more of the following areas: Customs modernization, WTO and trade facilitation related matters, business climate reform, and government capacity building in trade or commercial affairs;
· Previous experience on USAID projects and knowledge of USAID policy and procedures, (preferred);
· Experience in management of LTTA and STTA team members;Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
· Recent experience of working in Bangladesh, in the areas of trade facilitation and customs reform, (preferred);
· Strong ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of government officials, international donors, and other key stakeholders.
How to apply:
To Apply:Please see complete posting on our Careers Page at http://www.ibi-usa.com/job.html . Please include information about your availability in your application. IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For more information about IBI International, please visit www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI International is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.