Botswana: SENIOR ENERGY POLICY AND REGULATION ADVISOR, SOUTHERN AFRICA ENERGY
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Botswana: SENIOR ENERGY POLICY AND REGULATION ADVISOR, SOUTHERN AFRICA ENERGY
Organization: Engility Corporation
Country: Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia
Closing date: 15 Oct 2015
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Engility Corporation, building on IRG’s legacy in international development, is currently seeking a**Senior Energy Policy and Regulation Advisor** for an anticipated USAID-funded Power Reforms project in Southern Africa Region. The project is intended to assist the country’s goals increasing electric power generation and renewables capacities, expanding transmission and distribution, and have committed to make the utility and energy sector reforms to pave the way for investment and growth. The goal is to remove the power constraints to economic growth and spur trade and investment, while mitigating long-term greenhouse gas emissions trajectories. The project will serve as a catalyst that will spark a transformation in South Africa’s energy and power sector. The immediate outcome will be increased supply of and access to reliable, affordable, and sustainable power for millions of people and the enhanced responsible and transparent management of energy resources.
In support of the project, USAID has identified a number of interventions designed to:
- facilitate the development and financial close of power generation and renewables, transmission and distribution transactions,
- and (ii) support the adoption and implementation of policy, regulatory, and enabling environment reforms in support of greater private sector engagement and investment in the energy and power sector in Southern Africa.
Responsibilities include delivering legal and regulatory technical assistance under the supervision of the Chief of Party. May act as “Team Leader” for specific activity areas. The responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Support to DOE and other governmental agencies on review and improvement of national energy policies and plans;
- Review and improvement of electrify market model and framework legislation;
- Review and improvement of current tariffs regulation, i.e. FIT;
- Development of recommendations on improved legal and regulatory framework for renewables;
- Participation and support to high-level governmental and inter-agency working groups on energy policy and energy planning;
- Support to national regulator on capacity building and improvement of regulatory procedures;
- Legal and regulatory support on improvement of legal framework for private investments in energy sector, with focus on renewables
This is a contingent position based on funding from the customer.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced University degree in law, energy, economics, business administration, or another relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years of development cooperation experience in areas including energy policy and planning, development of regulation and tariffs in the energy sector in the Southern African context.
- At least 5 years of experience in assisting developing countries in national energy sector policy analysis and development (sector reform and restructuring, regulatory and institutional capacity building, sector planning and energy access, tariff regulation, investment promotion and renewables).
- Proven oral and written communication skills in English.
- 15+ years of development cooperation experience in areas including policy and planning, regulatory and institutional support in the energy sector of South Africa region.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with at least one of the following;
- Energy policy, planning and legislation
- Regulatory reform and tariff models, with focus on renewable energy
- Legal and regulatory framework for PPPs and IPPs for infrastructure development and energy services
- Legal and regulatory framework for electricity market development, regional Power Pools and cross border power trading.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.