Cambodia: Child Protection Specialist
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Cambodia: Child Protection Specialist
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 30 Sep 2015
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 2 years
Child Protection Specialist is a key member of the Family Care First Cambodia (FCFC) team. The post holder will provide technical backstopping for Save the Children team, consortium partners and other key stakeholders in the FCFC initiative in Cambodia. The post holder will also support in developing initiatives, proposals, interventions, documentation and research related to family care and alternative care programmes in Cambodia.
Qualifications and experience
- Post graduate master's degree on development or other social sciences
- At least 4 years management experience of running complex multi grant child protection programmes, both in emergency and normal circumstances
- A very good understanding of child protection, family care and alternative care and other key technical areas of child protection programming and a working knowledge of the other sectors that include education, and livelihoods.
- Willingness and ability to change work practices and hours, to be flexible and responsive in the event of emergencies.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided.
- An in depth understanding of national development issues in particular in relation to children.
Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team and the adaptability to varied team dynamics
Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Fluency in written and spoken English
Commitment to Save the Children values
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: '[email protected]'
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.