Chad: Operations Officer
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Chad: Operations Officer
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 01 Oct 2015
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title: Operations Officer
Duty Station : Farchana, Chad
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short term,Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date: October 01, 2015
Reference Code: SVN2015/57(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favourably considered:
Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Officer and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in coordination with the Resources Management Officer, s/he will be responsible and accountable for managing procurement, logistics and operations activities in Farchana.
*Core Functions / Responsibilities:*****
- Supervise field operations staff. Coordinate and report procurement- and logistics-related activities.
- Prepare and conduct requests for quotations and payment requests. Review purchase receipts, quotations and bids for the purchase of goods and services to ensure compliance with IOM procurement regulations. Ensure that all procurement and contracting processes are in full compliance and all activities are up to date with IOM and donor reporting and auditing requirements. Implement effective internal control of assets inventory and property management. Assist in planning and coordinating the use of IOM vehicles, fuel, drivers, and staff movements.
- Identify transport companies and deploy effective and reliable vehicles for ongoing USRAP activities. Carry out road assessment missions and certify that roads conditions are adequate for the movement of people and supplies. Assist during convoy movements with any special needs by providing adequate logistical support.
- Implement proper control and monitoring procedures for procurement with the aim of ensuring transparency and competitiveness of IOM procurement processes. Assist in the control of overall logistical needs within the Chad Mission.
- Liaise with administrative/logistics assistants in sub-offices regarding procurement and service requests and requirements, to consolidate overall procurement (or service) requirements, optimize purchasing power and ensure strict compliance with IOM procurement procedures and instructions.
- Liaise as needed with the Resource Management Officer, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, customs and clearance agents, local transportation companies, and UN agency counterparts, including, inter alia, WFP, UNHCR, UNICEF, concerning transport and delivery of goods and provision of services to field offices.
- Identify service providers and evaluate vendors against, inter alia, performance, reliability, quality, price, and delivery of equipment. Solicit and analyze bids for conformity with specified requirements.
- Monitor the loading/offloading activities at the warehouse when needed and provide staffing solutions as necessary.
- Ensure appropriate records are kept regarding assets disposal; ensure assets are located and used in IOM’s best interest.
- Assist in the follow up of insurance-related matters (transit centers, offices, warehouse, etc).
- Assist the Senior Operations Officer in ensuring the provision of assistance to refugees coming into Farchana for RSC pre-screening, USCIS adjudication, medical examination, cultural orientation and international departures.
- Coordinate and assist all staff temporarily deployed to IOM Chad from other duty stations with logistics, airport reception, road travel, and accommodation. Liaise with local UNDSS for visitor’s security briefing.
- Assist the Senior Operations Officer in monitoring and evaluating refugee needs in the transit centers.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives;
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services;
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM.
*Required Qualifications and Experience*****
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in movement operations, logistics and procurement;
- Experience working with transport providers, governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international organizations;
- Knowledge of movement management standards and regulations, particularly in the field of US Refugee Admission Programme (USRAP);
- Experience conducting USRAP resettlement activities is an advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by October 01, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.htmlFreebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 17.09.2015 to 01.10.2015
Requisition: SVN 2015/57 (P) – Operations Officer (P2) – Farchana, Chad (54652735) Released
Posting: SVN 2015/57 (P) – Operations Officer (P2) – Farchana, Chad (54652738) Released
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.