Did you know that the Uganda national identity card is mandatory when pursuing certain things for example a Travel passport for those in the qualifying ages? Did you know that one stands chances of being isolated from participating in certain things for example being voted in a political position without such an ID? How about the rest of things you can’t tell as of now?
Trust me, if you nver knew, this is already happening and many people are witnessing. If you already registered and acquired your Uganda national ID card, you are a lucky one among the many but if you haven’t yet, then you ought to do that. But if you registered and managed to get your national identity card but with errors, the right solution for you is to perform the process of altering and or changing any error on your card so you don’t miss out on anything just because of that.
In this article, I am sharing with you the steps and procedures you need to follow in order to alter, change or add missing information or errors on your Uganda national identity card. Here is how to correct your Uganda national ID details.
- Begin by identifying and verifying the found error on your NID card.
- Once seen, make sure that your point is supported eg, you must be having other supporting documents with the right names or information which was errored.
- Visit the NIRAa web portal and download the Notification of change / error in information in the register NIRA form 1.
- Fill in the form and verify that you have removed the error info with what you want to be.
- If the error will require you to obtain a new Card, you should visit URA web portal, generate a payment PRN for the same, pay money in the bank and get a payment slip. But if the error requires no new card issuing, then follow to step below whilst omitting the bank receipt attachment.
- Attach your card, the filled form, the bank payment slip if any, proceed to NIRA offices and submit.
In some cases, you might be subjected to swearing an affidavit in court, registering it and attaching it. It is always good to inquire from the respective offices before submitting as you may be required to do a step you might have omitted.
Once you submit, you will be told on what to do next and you would have moved a step ahead towards getting an error free national identity card for Uganda.