If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Democratic Republic of the Congo: National Health Policy Specialist/ Spécialiste en politique de santé publique RDC
Organization: Management Sciences for Health
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 31 Oct 2015
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a National Health Policy Coordinator for a potential 5-year Integrated Governance project in DRC. The purpose of the program is to strengthen targeted governance institutions in order to improve the delivery of health, education, and economic growth services at the community level and to strengthen the social contract between citizens and government.
MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 40 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia, and Medford, Massachusetts, US headquarters, our staff from more than 70 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
The National Health Policy Coordinator will be based in Kinshasa and be embedded into the overall project management team for at least the first three years of the five year project.
The National Health Policy Coordinator, along with five MSH Provincial Coordinators, will help maximize citizen engagement in and support for enhanced public services from the DRC government. Her/his role is to serve as the MSH champion, conscience and concierge for expanded investments into and impact from provincial and health zone programming that reduces morbidity and mortality from diverse health challenges of maternal and neonatal deaths, HIV-AIDS, Malaria and TB and other communicable diseases. This national role is to work with other senior members of the Project Team in Kinshasa to help develop policies and plans that encourage the integration of factors associated with social determinants of health, as defined by WHO and the health plans of the Government of DRC, in a manner that not only strengthens health system performance, but contributes to broader political and economic stability of the GDRC’s public health services.
- Coordinate with governmental, faith-based, and other civil society health services providers at the national and provincial levels to define health needs and risks, as well as the priority programming and interventions needed to improve health of the people in the health zones served by this project;
- Support capacity development for provincial and health zone managers, health workers and CODESAs regarding the topics of good governance, participatory planning and budgeting, and program management;
- Encourage communications and programming about the costs and financing of health services such that funding from governmental budgets increases, and user fees decrease;
- Encourage and support the development and management of expanded citizen engagement in health program planning and evaluation;
- Support project M&E studies and programming within their province and targeted health zones;
- Among the National Project Team, help facilitate coordination and collaboration among donor funded programming for health, education, agricultural development and economic development.
- Master’s degree in management or health related leadership
- Three to five years of experience in developing policies that enable innovative health system financing and provider payments
- Demonstrated ability to be a respected team player for political engagement and citizen participation in complex community based health planning and participatory budgeting for health
- Prior experiences in collaborating with educational, economic development and agricultural development is preferred
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge in English and fluency in French required
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level officials, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Project Director Supervisor
How to apply:
Visit the MSH website to APPLY!
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.