Dominican Republic: Evaluation Specialist, At-Risk Youth Initiative Mid-Term Evaluation, USAID, Dominican Republic
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Dominican Republic: Evaluation Specialist, At-Risk Youth Initiative Mid-Term Evaluation, USAID, Dominican Republic
Organization: Social Impact
Country: Dominican Republic
Closing date: 05 Oct 2015
Evaluation Specialist, At-Risk Youth Initiative Mid-Term Evaluation, USAID, Dominican Republic
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
The purpose of this task order is to independently conduct a mid-term performance evaluation of USAID/DR’s five-year 19.9 million dollar At-Risk Youth Initiative [Alerta Joven Project (2012-2017)], implemented by ENTRENA, SRL (ENTRENA). The contractor will use project data collected by ENTRENA and Research Triangle International (RTI) through the monitoring and evaluation system in place for the USAID/DR At-Risk Youth Initiative (Alerta Joven) to produce an independent mid-term performance evaluation report. The evaluation responds to the USAID Evaluation Policy released in January 2011.
SI is seeking a Senior Level Evaluation Specialist/Team Leader for the USAID At-Risk Youth Initiative Mid-Term Evaluation in Dominican Republic. The Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for designing, managing, and coordinating the evaluation approach.
· Help design of the data collection methodology, following USAID Evaluation Policy guidelines, and responding to other technical guidance provided by SI.
· Assist with desk review of available and relevant project documents, including but not limited to the project agreement, semi-annual performance reports, site visit reports and any evaluations conducted.
· Help design and submit data collection instruments (i.e. interview guides and questionnaires, observation, and/or field guides, etc.) to USAID for review before finalizing.
· Take detailed field notes and other data collection activities, for submission to SI.
· With support from the other members of the assessment team, analyze the data and lead the drafting of the final report.
· Assist evaluation team in the presentation of findings in the Final Report with USAID staff in Washington DC.
· 8 years of evaluation experience, particularly in the design of monitoring and evaluation programs.
· Experience in creative and innovative evaluation methodology.
· Demonstrated experience designing tools and approaches for quantitative and qualitative data collections.
· Experience conducting evaluation work in developing countries.
· Demonstrated experience managing, leading, and coordinating quantitative and qualitative baseline studies or evaluations.
· Master’s degree or PhD in statistics, development studies, development evaluation and management, or other relevant field of study.
· Knowledge of sampling and demonstrated experience with designing complex surveys.
· Experience with data management and database organization, which could include developing data entry programs and supervising data entry, cleaning, and quality control.
· Experience in various complex data analysis methods.
· Excellent oral communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills.
· Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.