Dominican Republic: Mid-Level Technical Specialist (Youth Development), At-Risk Youth Initiative Mid-Term Evaluation, USAID, Dominican Republic
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Dominican Republic: Mid-Level Technical Specialist (Youth Development), At-Risk Youth Initiative Mid-Term Evaluation, USAID, Dominican Republic
Organization: Social Impact
Country: Dominican Republic
Closing date: 05 Oct 2015
Mid-Level Technical Specialist (Youth Development), At-Risk Youth Initiative Mid-Term Evaluation, USAID, Dominican Republic
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
The purpose of this task order is to independently conduct a mid-term performance evaluation of USAID/DR’s five-year 19.9 million dollar At-Risk Youth Initiative [Alerta Joven Project (2012-2017)], implemented by ENTRENA, SRL (ENTRENA). The contractor will use project data collected by ENTRENA and Research Triangle International (RTI) through the monitoring and evaluation system in place for the USAID/DR At-Risk Youth Initiative (Alerta Joven) to produce an independent mid-term performance evaluation report. The evaluation responds to the USAID Evaluation Policy released in January 2011.
· SI is seeking a Mid-Level Technical Specialist (Youth Development) for the USAID At-Risk Youth Initiative Mid-Term Evaluation in Dominican Republic. The Mid-Level Technical Specialist will provide technical expertise in the areas of youth employment/youth livelihood programs, crime reduction and violence prevention.
· Advise and provide technical assistance on an as-needed basis for the project, USAID, and partner organizations throughout the life of the project in the area of youth development.
· Assist the Evaluation Team Leader in the overall drafting of the evaluation framework and participate in the desk study, interviews, and other data collection.
· Post graduate degree in social science.
· Five or more years of experience working with youth employment/youth livelihood programs.
· Experience working with crime reduction and violence prevention.
· Experience leading strategic planning and/or performance management process in youth development.
· Excellent oral communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills.
· Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.