Emergency WASH Advisor
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Emergency WASH Advisor
Organization: World Vision
Closing date: 16 Oct 2015
*Preferred location: Manilla, Philippines. Position location to be in a jurisdiction (country or US state) where WVI is registered to operate.
- The Emergency WASH specialist will provide a technical oversight of all WASH activities in humanitarian settings and management of WASH programs during deployment.
- To provide specialist technical advice and input to the design, implementation and operation of water, sanitation and hygiene initiatives and practices in World Vision International humanitarian programs and responses.
- To work with WV Regional Offices, National Offices and Learning centers, and International Agencies to initiate and lead water, sanitation and hygiene promotion response in specific humanitarian emergency contexts.
- To provide technical leadership and advice in the assessment, design and implementation of water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion activities in humanitarian emergency contexts.**KEY**RESPONSIBILITIES:
Emergency Response to Category III Disasters
Provide sector leadership for timely and appropriate delivery of WASH activities. This will include the following:
- Insure WASH is included assessments to identify robust WASH response.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of WASH programs with programs and operations team and ensure monitoring of frameworks are understood and effective in meeting needs of affected populations.
- Engagement with Donors and other partners to ensure that WV is a viable partner.
- Management of the WASH staff and promote technical excellence and application of minimum standards including HAP, Sphere and ensure cross cutting themes are incorporated into design.
- Coordinate with other sectors to promote integrated programming in emergencies when possible.
- Begin discussions on ERF process to strengthen financial portfolio supporting WASH in early stages of emergency.
- Coordinate with finance in the design and management of budgets.
- Develop key messaging in emergencies for media teams as related to WASH.
- Assist in recruitment of the appropriately qualified local and expatriate staff to implement WASH programme.
- Participate in WASH Management team meetings and update the response on actions related to WASH at programs and operations meetings.
- Represent WV at key coordination forums such as with Cluster and/or national, local government and civil society planning meetings.
- Ensure that WV work and plans are included in all reports including 4Ws.
- Document and share lessons learned and experiences from deployment back to partnership and externally when relevant.
- Desired Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Post graduate qualifications in Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering, public health engineering and/or international development.
- Proven capacity to establish Water sanitation and hygiene programs in all stages of the emergency.
- Proven ability in programme design and management including assessments, reviewing and writing grants, and evaluation
- At least 5 years in international humanitarian response and development work.
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally and sensitive to other cultures.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English with French, Spanish or Arabic an advantage.
How to apply:Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Apply online: http://careers.wvi.org/jobs/philippines/water-sanitation-and-health-wash/emergency-wash-advisor/969
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.