Ethiopia: Business Development Specialist, East Africa
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Ethiopia: Business Development Specialist, East Africa
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Country: Ethiopia, Kenya
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
Position Title: Specialist II, Business Development
Dept./Location: East Africa Regional Office (EARO)/Nairobi-Kenya or Addis Ababa-Ethiopia
Position Type: Full-time
Reports To: Deputy Regional Director, Program Quality
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Business Development Specialist will support the expansion and diversification of revenue from institutional donors and non-traditional funding sources to achieve CRS’ strategic objectives. He/she will operate as a member of both CRS’ East Africa regional team and CRS’ global business development community, providing direct support to strategic growth opportunities as well as helping to strengthen CRS’ Business Development-related systems, processes, relationships, and staff capacities.
The Business Development Specialist will support the agency’s competitive pursuit of institutional donor resources. With a core function of supporting the non-technical writing and production of high quality applications for donor funding, this position will also provide specialized assistance in other dimensions of the business development cycle, knowledge of specific program sectors or funding sources including corporate and other non-traditional sources, or other relevant areas to be determined in recognition of agency needs. He or she will focus largely on CRS/Ethiopia with support to other country programs in East Africa, while also contributing to cross-regional and global initiatives as part of the agency’s worldwide business development team. Within three years it is expected that this position will evolve in geographic and functional scope as CRS moves toward a global shared services structure for business development.
• Assist country programs to manage proposal processes to ensure timely submission of high quality proposals that are responsive to and compliant with donor requirements and with CRS technical application and cost application standards.
• Provide business development skill and capacity in opportunity analysis, positioning and capture planning, proposal preparation, proposal review, and after action review.
• Support personnel recruitment, budget development, and non-technical proposal writing as part of proposal teams.
• Support effective internal communication and information management processes to ensure access and use of business development information by relevant stakeholders within the agency.
• Support country programs in the identification of international partners and negotiation of CRS’ role on proposal consortia, ensuring a competitive position for CRS that adheres to the agency’s partnership principles and strategic directions.
• Contribute to the development and dissemination of standardized business development materials (learning resources, guidelines, tools and templates, and online information), through staff mentorship, modeling of good practices, and training.
• Support CRS teams to develop appropriate and effective fundraising strategies involving donor research and intelligence, product development, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, as needed.
• Support CP, regional, and headquarters teams to leverage CRS’ programmatic and operational results for direct fundraising purposes.
• Contribute to opportunity pipeline tracking and analysis, including portfolio trends, proposal submissions and performance, and growth projections.
• Responsible for tracking regional growth trends, regional reports to CRS headquarters and monthly calls with country programs on business development.
• Support CRS senior managers to develop and maintain key relationships with donors, collaborating organizations, and private sector actors with an eye toward opportunity identification, shared value creation, strategic alliance formation, and global brand positioning.
• Provide specialized expertise in select areas of the business development cycle, priority program sectors and funding sources, and/or relevant cross-cutting skill sets, as a member of CRS’ global pool of business development talent.
• Contribute effectively to global strategic initiatives through a shared services structure
AGENCY-WIDE COMPETENCIES (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Representatives, Program and Operations staff; Regional and Headquarters-based program quality, business development, technical assistance, operations, and management support staff; HQ-based marketing and communications, overseas finance, and private fundraising staff.
External: Country- and regional-level representatives of collaborating organizations, donor agencies, government ministries, private sector entities and other stakeholders as appropriate.Personal Skills:
• Strong analytical and information management skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication in English, and strong interpersonal, networking, and representation skills;
• Strong team leadership, process and time management skills;
• Commitment to working successfully within a geographically disperse, cross-disciplinary, matrix team structure.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master's degree in business management, international relations, international development, or related field;
• Minimum five years international development experience, including at least three years of work in a developing country;
• Knowledge of business development and fundraising concepts and practice within the foreign aid and/or non-profit contexts;
• Demonstrated experience utilizing diverse, proactive strategies to competitively position his/her organization for new funding and productive institutional relationships;
• Demonstrated experience leading teams and managing people and processes to produce complex proposals under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality.
• Significant experience developing proposals in response to USAID RFAs required; comprehensive experience with USAID technical and cost applications highly desirable.
• Experience pursuing USAID RFPs, non-USG funding mechanisms, and opportunities to create shared cross-sector value highly desirable.
• Experience building the capacity of, and providing effective technical assistance and guidance to, peers and colleagues required; knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles and/or direct training experience highly desirable.
• Experience with CRS programming approaches, standards and tools preferred;
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 30%, and to function within an evolving global shared services structure that enables shared accountability, cultivation and strategic use of staff talent, and efficient management of resources for growth.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office required; experience with Salesforce or other CRM software a plus.
Foreign Language: English fluency (written and verbal) required; competence in French, Spanish or Portuguese highly desirable.
DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.