Fiji: Regional Business Development Advisor
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Fiji: Regional Business Development Advisor
Organization: Oxfam Australia
Closing date: 20 Nov 2015
- An exciting opportunity to contribute to the evolution of Oxfam in the Pacific.
- Fixed Term, 2 year position
- Fiji based (the role may initially be based in either Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, PNG, Australia or New Zealand)
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together for a future without poverty. We work to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them.
To achieve our vision in the Pacific, we are forming a regional entity known as “Oxfam in the Pacific”, led by a Regional Director and guided by a new Regional Governance Group.
The Regional Business Development Advisor is responsible for the development and implementation of the Pacific Regional Fundraising Strategy, contributing to a significant increase in Oxfam’s income from institutional and private sector donors. This will involve development of relationships with existing and new donors and ensuring that Oxfam’s donor submissions are of high quality and are compliant with donor requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A successful track record in developing, securing and managing funding from institutional donors, trusts and foundations, preferably in the Pacific region.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and writing successful proposals to institutional donors.
- Experience of donor contract management and adherence to compliance requirements
- Knowledge and practical experience developing relationships with donors and other development organisations
- Understanding of key trends in official development assistance, donor policy and practice, and funding mechanisms.
- Experience and understanding of approaches to program planning, design, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation in long term development, humanitarian or advocacy work.
- Experience in developing and implementing funding strategies
- Experience in the development and implementation of organisational knowledge management systems.
- Commitment to the development of Pacific Islander leadership.
We can offer you…
- A competitive remuneration package.
- The opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause.
- A flexible and supportive workplace with opportunities for career progression and development.
- The chance to meet and work with people who are some of the best in their fields.
Oxfam is committed to supporting the leadership capability of Pacific Islanders in our country and regional programs. Our aim is to support the development of a Pacific regional program that is led by people who think globally and act locally, people who not only understand the local context, but live it. Pacific Islander peoples are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Oxfam in the Pacific is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people. Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory clearance of a police check
How to apply:
- Please visit https://www.oxfam.org.au/jobs
To apply, please submit your CV, cover letter and a response addressing the required selection criteria outlined above.
- Applications close: Friday 20 November 2015 at 5pm AEST
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.