If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Ghana: Institutional and Technical Strengthening Advisor, Ghana
Closing date: 23 Oct 2015
Position TitleInstitutional and Technical Strengthening Advisor, Ghana
Requisition Number 15-0159Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Post Date 9/23/2015
Description Pact Overview
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
The Institutional and Technical Strengthening Advisor will oversee implementation of all organizational capacity development activities for a 5-year Strengthening HIV/AIDS Continuum of Care Services in Ghana.
The program will provide targeted, relevant technical assistance and institutional support to the Government of Ghana (GOG) and its partners to sustain the low national prevalence of HIV with increased epidemic control among Key Populations (KP) through the provision of comprehensive, high quality and sustainable HIV/AIDS services across the continuum of care engaging clinical and community settings. Given Ghana’s HIV epidemiological profile, this project will center on KP, here defined as female sex workers (FSW), gay men and men having sex with men (MSM), intimate sexual partners of commercial sex workers, and transgender persons (TG).
• Provide direct technical leadership and assistance in capacity development and lead capacity development approach with government and NGO partners;
• Identify, adapt and create appropriate capacity and technical assessment tools to reflect local context and needs;
• Provide technical oversight for all work and activities necessary to achieve Project objectives, outputs and deliverables;
• Liaise with stakeholders to assure that Project activities are relevant and operating effectively.
• Minimum Master’s Degree in international development, organizational development, business or public administration, public policy or relevant field of study;
• Minimum 7 years senior level experience in direct provision and/or facilitation of institutional and technical strengthening activities involving civil society, public sector or private sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. Experience with local community-based organizations is strongly desired;
• Proven expertise in business operations, systems development, strategic planning and management, governance, grants management, and/or leadership development;
• Demonstrated experience in institutional analysis of local organizations and in development and management of detailed institutional strengthening plans to ensure all performance benchmarks are met and sustained;
• Demonstrated experience in institutional analysis of government entities and in development and management of detailed institutional strengthening plans to ensure all performance benchmarks are met and sustained;
• Knowledge of a wide range of organizational development models and participatory teaching methodologies is strongly desired;
• Demonstrated experience in building strong working partnerships with senior-level government representatives, civil society organizations, other donors and local private sector;
• Experience working on HIV-focused health projects targeting KPs and organizations that work with them;
• Exceptional communication skills (including presentations) in written and spoken English required;
• Relevant experience in Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred; Ghana experience desirable.
• Experience working in the Ghana context and with the Government of Ghana a plus.
• Local candidates preferred.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.