Ghana: Senior Development Professional Ghana
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Ghana: Senior Development Professional Ghana
Organization: Digital Green
Closing date: 02 Oct 2015
Exciting opportunity to work for Digital Green
Senior Development Professional
About Digital Green
Digital Green is an international development organization that uses technology and social organization to bring about sustained social changed. Its ICT enabled approach uses community focused videos to disseminate best practices among rural communities to improve their well-being. We use a social and behavior change communication approach that leverages low-cost, peer-to-peer video-based knowledge exchange. Based in India and USA, Digital Green currently operates in South Asia and Africa and has reached over 700,000 rural households. Digital Green has been active in Ghana for the past three years in promoting best practices in agriculture, health and nutrition among rural communities. It has partnered with World Cocoa Foundation (WCF), Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) and Africa Rice. Currently, it partners with WCF, Grameen Foundation (GF) and International Fertilizer Development Corporation (IFDC) and is poised to expand its portfolio with new partnerships.
For more details, please visit Digital Green’s website: www.digitalgreen.org
Digital Green wishes to recruit a senior development professional to manage its ongoing projects in an effective and professional manner. The position will promote Digital Green’s innovative approach among potential partners and donors to make Ghana a regional hub to serve Digital Green interventions in West Africa.
The position reports to Chief Operating officer at Digital Green headquarters and will work closely with Director Africa Programs and Senior Program Manager.
- Strengthen Digital Green partnerships with World Cocoa Foundation, Grameen Foundation and IFDC along with any new identified partner, while also building direct links with the Government extension machinery – Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) and providing technical and hand – holding support to existing Digital Green partners;
- Organize and participate in all programmatic activities such as trainings, quality assurance and reporting in Ghana as per agreed work plans and agreements;
- Support internal communication within Digital Green through regular updates and promote Digital Green’s activities at external forums keeping DG HQ fully informed;
- Support the ongoing discussions for expansion of Digital Green’ work while exploring new partnerships and funding opportunities to support DG’s scale-up plan in the country;
- Support Digital Green’s organizational development in Ghana by facilitating the registration of Digital Green in Ghana, setting-up of office and recruitment of staff.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in development projects; preferably in agriculture sector.
- Masters level degree in management, social sciences or any relevant subject
- Extensive experience in program management; preferably planning, implementing, and managing programs in Ghana.
- Proven track record of successfully working with partners
- Strong USAID program and financial management background.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction.
- Work well independently as well as part of a team and thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
How to apply:
Those who are interested should email their current resume highlighting relevant experience with cover letter indicating why they think they are suitable for the position along with three references to [email protected] The last date for applying for this position is 2nd October 2015.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.