Haiti: Development Officer
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Haiti: Development Officer
Organization: Partners in Health
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
Job Title:Development Officer
Reports To:ZL Executive Director
Location:Port au Prince, Haiti
Zanmi Lasante (ZL) is a Haitian organization based in Santo, Port au Prince and is a recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through its service delivery, training, advocacy and research, ZL works closely with its sister organization, Partners in Health (PIH) globally to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH operates sites for clinical care, research and training in 10 countries (Haiti, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mexico and Navajo Nation) and has a growing network of affiliated organizations and initiatives in several other countries, including Nepal, Burundi, Mali, Guatemala, and Togo.
This is an exciting time for ZL. The organization is taking on immense challenges while its heightened visibility has brought the opportunity to influence even greater changes within its programs in Haiti. As our work continues to increase in scope and impact, ZL seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization to join the team.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of ZL and the support of senior advisors of the ZL Development Team, the Development Officer is part of the ZL Development team assigned to support the mission of ZL in Haiti. The ZL Development team is charged with identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors capable of contributing to ZL’s programmatic objectives. The Development Officer will have a significant role in working with the ZL Development team in setting up systems in report tracking and writing, monitor donor relations, and support grant writing activities. In addition, the Development Officer will assist in the development of programmatic strategies in line with ZL/PIH goals. Lastly, the Development Officer will work closely with Knowledge Management Associate in developing communications materials for ZL.
- Responsible for tracking portfolio of Haiti donors.
- Coordinate with ZL Dev Team the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of portfolio donors by developing and implementing individualized donor strategies.
- Work with Dev Team Advisors in moving donors and prospects through stages of refinement incorporating all aspects of relationship management, prioritizing face-to-face visits.
- Responsible for monitoring progress on revenue goals as well as activity goals, and for inputting and maintaining accurate donor information in Raiser’s Edge, our donor database.
- Work closely with PIH Grants team in developing persuasive proposals and reports to individual donors and family foundations, meeting all related deadlines.
- Coordinate with other staff on gift accounting, gift acknowledgement, accurate record keeping, and timely financial reporting.
- Developing donor report tracking system.
- Work closely with programmatic team in developing reports based on donor requirements in a timely fashion which meet all relative deadlines.
- Meet with programmatic teams in the field in better understanding ongoing activities in the field.
- Help maintain and update knowledge of ZL programs, goals, and priorities.
- Maintain awareness of role as representative of ZL; consider impact of activities on organization reputation and credentials in public and private sectors; direct energies whenever possible to promote PIH/ZL; advance organizational objectives; and enhance funding opportunities.
- Perform other related functions as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 5 years progressively responsible Development experience, including direct experience and proven results in major fundraising and donor communication.
- Minimum 1-2 years staff supervision experience.
- Significant experience in developing donor proposals and other donor-centric communication.
- Significant experience in developing reporting systems, tracking of proposals and monitoring of information sharing.
- Superior interpersonal and verbal skills required, including persuasive writing and presentation capabilities.
- Adept at condensing large amounts of information into a compelling, persuasive narrative for both individuals and small groups.
- Strong computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Office suite and constituent databases necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, manage budgets, analyze data, inspire staff and work collegially as part of a fast paced Development team.
- An understanding of global health issues and passion for PIH/ZL issues and mission a plus.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Knowledge of Haiti.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should apply on the Partners In Health website. The Development Officer job posting can be found here or by visiting PIH's Employment Opportunities page at http://www.pih.org/pages/employment and selecting "International Opportunities – Haiti."
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.