Haiti: Program Support Director
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Haiti: Program Support Director
Closing date: 06 Nov 2015
J/P Haitian Relief Organization (J/P HRO) evolved as an organization since its inception in January 2010, transitioning from an emergency to a development context. Hence, the need for J/P HRO’s structure to adapt accordingly in order to support new monitoring and reporting needs, as well as efficiency imperatives. J/P HRO is seeking for: One (1) Program Support Director based in its office in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
The Director of Program Support is responsible for the overall management of J/P HRO support departments which comprise Administration, Logistics, Security and IT to ensure optimum support to all our projects. This includes ensuring that appropriate systems are in place which responds to program needs, but also includes financial management, and ensuring the effective and efficient use of J/P HRO resources.
S/he provides training, mentoring and coaching to support managers and guarantees that projects and programs receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner. Additionally, the Director of Program Support ensures that rigorous internal control systems are in place and that managers enforce compliance with these systems as well as assists the Country Director & Senior Vice President of Haiti Operations in the management of the Organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Under the supervision of the Country Director & Senior Vice-President of Haiti Operation the responsibility of the Program Support Director are as followed:
- Essential Functions
Senior Management role*:*
To ensure effective engagement in organizational management including but not limited to:
· Contribute to the implementation, monitoring and revision J/P HRO strategic plan, policies and manuals.
· As a member of Senior Management, assist the country director in the management of the country program through involvement in the decision making process.
· Acting as CD when requested
Administration, Security, Logistic, IT functions:
To ensure effective and efficient administrative and logistical support are provided to the staff. Including, but not limited to:
· Reviewing and monitoring the current operational policies, ensure adherence to the laws of Haiti and initiate corrective actions as required.
· Ensuring the presence and validity of the proofs of purchase in view of the incurred expenses
· Authorizing expenses to be incurred in compliance with the procedures and according to the budgetary framework following approval by the relevant managers
· Ensuring follow ups on expenses by budget category and timely flagging of risks of overruns
· Coordinating with the Logistics department and ensuring the inventory system is financially reconciled and updated regularly
· Ensuring the Logistics Manager maintains the inventory of the organization’s assets and their disbursements in link with the procedures
· Authorizing property leases, major contracts and all other major administrative actions.
· Reviewing and monitoring the Office vehicle use and practices in order to attain optimum efficiency of the vehicle fleet
· Directly supervising the IT manager, to ensure effective and high IT systems for communication and data management and ensure provision of effective support systems, enabling the smooth operation of IT systems. Ensure IT policy and procedures are in place and followed
· Reviewing and monitoring the Security Department policies, systems and procedures
· Supervising the Administration procedures and ensuring that both working and living spaces are sanitary and orderly at all times
· Timely analysis of information from administration, logistics, IT and Security to prepare timely reports
Line Management of staff:
To lead a team to deliver high quality support to the Organization. Including, but not limited to:
o Ensuring that each member of the team fully understands outcomes which are expected of them and that they are aware of the success criteria relating to their work.
o Ensuring that work is planned and organized in a way which will meet the needs of colleagues within the organization in the most cost effective manner possible; ensuring that team members are given appropriate workloads and are working efficiently.
o Monitoring and reviewing performance and, in particular, holding staff accountable for meeting the success criteria; giving corrective feedback where required and taking decisive action in the case of poor performance.
2.Non Essential Functions
- Master in a relevant subject (e.g. Business Administration, or any other relevant disciplines)
- At least 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience in a senior position within an international development Organization/NGO.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience of implementing Administration, Logistics, Security and IT systems within the not for profit sector.
- Experience of managing a large team of senior staff.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making skills.
- Excellent English Language (both written and spoken)
- Good French level of written and spoken French
- Information Technology (MS Office, Internet).
Required Skills Essential:
· Interpersonal skills are of primordial importance
· Strong management skills
· Confident and capable negotiator, communicator
· High capacity of “System Thinking”
· Team player
· Able to work under pressure
· Demonstrate leadership capacity to inspire and enhance others autonomy
· Demonstrate the values of J/P HRO : Respect, Integrity, Transparency, Sustainability
· Communicate with impact
· Facilitate Organizational changes
· Take strategic decisions
· Innovation/Use of best practices
· Able to work in a multi-cultural setting
J/P HRO Values
How to apply:
To apply for this position please submit your resume, motivation letter including copy of diplomas to the Human Resources Department before November 6, 2015 at 17, Rue Maurice Latortue, Delmas 48 or [email protected].
Please mention the "position applied for" as subject of your email. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
J/P HRO is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.