If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Head of Technical Unit and Coordination
Organization: Danish Committee for Aid to Afghan Refugees
Closing date: 10 Dec 2015
Re – Job Announcement
DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Job title: Head of Technical Unit and Coordination
Duty station: Kabul with travel to DACAAR Field offices
Contract: Fixed Term One Year (extendable)
Closing Date: 10.12.2015
DACAAR is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 800 national and 10 expatriate staff members. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Natural Resource Management (NRM) Small Scale Enterprise Development (SSED) and Women’s Empowerment (WE). DACAAR is also the facilitating partner for the National Solidarity Programme (NSP).
The Head of Technical Unit and Coordination will be part of the Senior Management Team in DACAAR which is managing DACAAR on a day-to-day basis. The Head of Technical Unit and Coordination reports to the Head of Programme and works closely together with this position as well as the Operations Manager. The Head of Technical Unit and Coordination will lead a team of specialists of more than 20 persons in DACAAR’s Programme Department and have the overall responsibility for technical inputs for DACAAR’s thematic areas.
The Head of Technical Unit and Coordination is broadly engaged with programme development, strategy and design. Further, the Head of Technical Unit and Coordination plays a vital coordinating role in ensuring that the Operations sub-department as well as regional offices in DACAAR provide on-time technical oversight and support to the field offices, so that projects are supported technically in accordance with donor requirements. The Head of Technical Unit and Coordination with assistance of her/his teams will also ensure that all the thematic areas are provided support to comply with the thematic areas policies and procedures.
The Head of Technical Unit and Coordination will also contribute to proposal preparation and reporting as well as revision of thematic strategies. The position requires a high degree of responsibility, flexibility and understanding of complex organizational relations.
Senior Management Team
· Be part of the Senior Management Team weekly meetings where the daily engagement is discussed.
· Take part in organizational strategic discussions, including setting goals for DACAAR’s future work.
· Support implementation of DACAAR’s Strategic Programme Framework 2013-2016 and actively participate in developing a new framework.
· Provide programmatic advice to the Head of Programme/Director on matters related to all thematic areas.
· Support the Head of Programme in developing annual programme work plans and budgets.
· Supervise and manage the activities of the specialists in 1) survey & design, 2) ground water monitoring, 3) hygiene & sanitation, 4) Natural Resource Management, 5) Small Scale Enterprises Development, 6) Water Sanitation & Hygiene teams and 7) Women’s Empowerment.
· Maintain a continuous link with the Operations Manager and the regional managers in order to provide them with required technical support.
· Plan, manage, control, organize, and ensure technical support for high quality implementation of projects based on approved LFAs, following a holistic approach in survey and design, ground water monitoring, hygiene and sanitation, WASH, NRM, SSED and WE areas and in line with the DACAAR implementation methodologies, approach and guidelines.
· Work in close collaboration with the Grants & Monitoring sub-department, Operations sub-department and relevant regional managers/staff to develop project specific work plans/budgets.
· Lead on the drafting of project proposals, programme strategy concept papers and addressing donor ad–hoc requests.
· Ensure that the learning from our monitoring is taken into account in our daily work and programming.
· Ensure that the review and approval of progress reports is done timely and forwarded to the Head of Programme/Director.
· Participate and contribute in the relevant strategy development workshops.
· Ensure high level of synergy and coordination among WASH, NRM, SSED and WE thematic areas with collaboration of advisers and specialists and avoid duplication in activities.
· Represent DACAAR in external meetings when tasked by the Head of Programme.
· Support the Head of Programme/Director in networking with other NGOs, donors and government departments when representing DACAAR in external meetings.
· Reviewing all programme related strategic papers (WASH, NRM, SSED and WE) on a regular basis and advice the Head of Programme/Director if any changes are required.
· Carry out frequent visits (if the security situation allows) to areas with new upcoming projects as well as ongoing projects.
· Any other tasks as assigned by the Head of Programme.
Fundraising & Communications
· Liaise with the Fundraising & Communications Department in fundraising for thematic areas opportunities.
· Support the Fundraising & Communications Department in establishing systems for thematic areas data collection and analysis.
· Liaise with Grants & Monitoring sub-department on development of thematic area indicators and impact monitoring.
· Liaise with Fundraising & Communications Department on publication and dissemination of technical papers related to all thematic areas.
The Head of Technical Unit and Coordination reports to the Head of Programme and is a member of the Programme Department and Senior Management Team (SMT) with responsibility for building capacity of the national specialists and the Operations team. Work will be conducted in synergy with key staff in DACAAR’s 4 departments (Programme; Fundraising & Communications; Finance & Administration; Human Resource), as well as the Directorate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in international development, social science, a relevant thematic area or the equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in development and management of which at least 3 abroad, including managing and leading complicated international operations, preferably in the field of development assistance programmes.
- Experiences of strategic programming and planning, organisational development and field implementation.
- Work experience from and knowledge about Islamic culture in general and Afghanistan in particular is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Dari and Pashto an advantage.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and also as part of a team.
- Willingness to live, travel and work under challenging conditions.
- Staff members are expected to work 40 hour per week (5 days). Flexibility is required and overtime work can be expected under circumstances with high workload.
List of benefits:
- A return air ticket between employee home address and Kabul at the beginning and end of the assignment.
- R&R: 5 paid working days of leave upon completing eight weeks of continuous stay (excluding weekend and public holidays) inside Afghanistan. Covering the expenses occurred (travel and accommodation) during R&R maximum up to USD 1000 (One Thousand US dollars).
- Annual leave: 25 paid working days per year (2.08 days per month).
- Sick leave: 10 days per year.
- Public holidays: 10 days per year.
- Travel, health and life insurance coverage for the duration of your employment.
- Accommodation: reasonably furnished, all utility costs covered, civilian guards coverage 24/7, no housekeeping services provided.
- Excess baggage allowance: Cost of maximum 20 kgs upon arrival and departure (provided based on receipts).
- Free lunch during weekdays.
- Pick up and drop service to and from work.
- Accommodation while traveling to the field.
How to apply:
For further information:
Khalid, Head of HR Department, DACAAR, [email protected] , +93(0)799 30 88 87
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit CV along with introduction letter to [email protected].
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93)0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.dacaar.org
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.