Instagram has undoubtedly revolutionized how we navigate through our social media routines. From uploading our first meal of the day; color-coordinating its content and hash-tagging how we might be a little OCD, to posting golden hour selfies (and inflate a little as the number of like grow), we have entered the world of a large social network, united with our love of story-telling and picture posting.
But if you’re a brand or wannabe influencer, a few hundreds of followers would not add any value to your account. You have to grow your Instagram account to be able to achieve your goal. But how do you go about that? You want to play it safe and growing your Instagram organically is your way forward.
Is it possible to grow Instagram organically?
Instagram has seen great changes lately. This includes the birth of an entirely new way of marketing; influencer marketing. Albeit influencer marketing did not start from Instagram as a social media marketing strategy per se, but the platform was quick to get on the high tide and is still currently surfing the influencer market wave reaching the shore of the target audience.
Now we all are guilty of checking the numbers daily and wondering why on earth our Insta page is not growing. While you might be posting regularly and using an appropriate, branded hashtag, it still does not guarantee rapid growth. Amongst the mass of 25 million users on the platform, it is not up for debate that the battleground has toughened for marketers and entrepreneurs.
Many users resort to bots to generate followers and get higher engagement. However, Instagram enacted what they call a “shadow ban” that leads to a decline in the engagement of those brands that are found guilty. But there’s nothing you need to worry about. We have a few tricks up our sleeves that you can use to grow Instagram organically and optimize your content’s visibility and engagement.
So let’s get to it.
The best ways to grow your Instagram organically
- Engage with related accounts: One of the simplest ways to grow Instagram organically is by engaging with accounts similar to your own. This simple method can promote and get you the targeted exposure that you’ve been waiting for. On top of that, it is going to get you a more engaged audience.
- Cross-platform promotion: It is also a good idea to promote your Instagram content on other social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube. By doing so, you can get more followers and exposure for any type of content on the network.
- Use Instagram promotion service: Perhaps, one of the best ways to grow your Instagram account is by seeking outside help. Think about getting help from organic Instagram growth services, such as SimplyGram. But beware of buying Instagram followers because they can do more harm than good to your account and reputation.
- Geolocation and tagging: Consider geotagging and tagging your content. By doing so, you will be able to reach an audience on Instagram that would be seriously interested in your content. This holds both for Instagram stories and posts.
- Collaborations: Collaborating with other Instagram users and influencers in your niche is yet another useful, organic strategy to grow your account.
- Post consistently: If you’ve heard that consistency is key, it really is. Since it’s unrealistic to assume that whatever you post is always going to go viral, you need to be relentless in pushing through to get to your target audience and keep on posting consistently. There are Instagram schedules you can adhere to to reach your audience on the social network.
The key to good organic growth is the use of the right strategy, coupled with dedication and determination. Although these methods are time-consuming, the Insta-vestment and efforts you make will reap you benefits for many years to come!