How To Add A Domain Name On Your Hostinger Account
You already have an existing domain name which you might have been hosting from some other providers but you have taken on the deal to migrate to Hostinger as your provider whether for a free or a paid service? Or you are simply looking out for such information so that you can be knowing what to do when you finally decide to use them? How about if I take you through the entire process which you need to do in order to have your site up and running?
No worry, by the time you go through this whole post, you will be knowing how things are done and what you should do in order to get started and below are the procedures.
Getting Started – Lets Assume You Have Your Domain Name Already
1. Log in to cPanel eg https://cpanel.hostinger.co.uk/auth
2. Click on New Hosting and then to New Hosting account.
3. Select your hosting plan basing on your choice ie Free, Premium or Business.
4. Choose a Domain Type by changing the box to your choice ie domain for your own domain or sub-domain for their free sub domains.
5. Type in your domain name in format example.com other than www.example.com
6. Enter your own password or click Generate for system to create for you one.
7. Hit continue and wait to execute. You will be redirected to the next page where you will review your order including the domain name, plan and price.
8. Check box for agreeing to terms and hit order. You will see a message like Account example.com has been created successfully.
You are ready and the next step will be pointing your domain name-servers to your hosting account example.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below..