How To Alter The Default Search Engine In Firefox/Internet Explore/Chrome Browsers
For many of the Web browsers if not all for example Firefox, Internet Explore, Google Chrome and many others, they are by default set to a specific search engine which is used when it comes to issues related to performing searches by way of typing any search query and hitting the enter button just like Google being the default search engine for Firefox and Chrome Browsers while Bing being the default search engine for Internet Explore. Such settings are known to be the preferred ones by the browser developers while they may not be the preferred ones for the end users or the ones who happen to use any of the web browsers on their computer and other devices like Smart-phones, and which is something which makes many feel like altering the default ones and changing to their preferred ones for example changing Firefox from Google search to Bing search and vice versa.
After having received many requests from the different readers about the possibility of such happening, I decided to write this tutorial which will help you to alter any web browser default search engine to the one which the user would want to be his or default one and all you need to do is to continue reading the whole article.
Altering Firefox Default Search Engine
1. Open Firefox web browser by going to start, all programs and Firefox.
2. Type “about:config” without quotes in the location bar and click Enter.
3. Click on the “I will be careful” notification and continue.
4. Type “keyword.URL” without quotes too in the filter bar and double click on it.
5. Replace Google’s search URL with your preferred one for example that of Bing or Yahoo.
6. Save settings and you will be done.
Altering Internet Explore Default Search Engine.
1. Open IE web browser by going to start, all programs and Internet Explore.
2. Click on the arrow right on the search box and more providers.
3. Hit on search Providers and select from the list or simply add your new provider for example Google.
4. Save settings and you will be done.
Altering Google Chrome Default Search Engine.
1. Open Chrome web browser by going to start, all programs and Chrome.
2. Click on Chrome menu on the Chrome Toolbar and then settings.
3. Click manage search engines in the search section and check the search engine you want to be default for example Bing or Yahoo.
4. Click make default and or simply click on X if you want to remove it completely.
5. Save settings and you will be done.
Please note that each and every search engine has its own link and in case you are required to input the search link manually, below is what you will enter
Google – https://www.google.de/webhp?gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=-3cYV5KfNsL6UOzfrOAC
Bing – http://www.bing.com/?scope=web&mkt=nl-NL
Yahoo – http://search.yahoo.com/web?fr=