How To Compare/Combine/Merge Microsoft 2003/2007/2010 Word Documents
When it comes to comparing, merging and or combining the different Microsoft Documents for example the earlier versions of the same document, the different documents and others, Microsoft word has it all regardless of the version you are using whether Word 2003, Word 2007 or even Word 2010. In this post, I will take you through the different step by step procedures on how you can go about the entire process of having your multiple documents compared and combined into one single doc just like you might need.
When creating documents, many people end up creating different versions of the same documents for comparison purposes in addition to others for example to test the skills one may have and regardless of what your need to do any of the above might be such as merging changes, all you need is to continue reading in order to learn and start doing it yourself, and here we go.
Microsoft Word 2003
1. Open a single word document you would want to merge or compare.
2. Select Tools, Compare, Merge documents and select the other document.
3. Click on Merge documents, mark the differences and hit Merge into current document and or select merge into new document when you are done.
Microsoft Word 2010/2007
1. Follow step one as in 2003 above.
2. Click on Compare under the Review tab, in the compare group.
3. Click on of the document into which you want to combine under the original document, show changes and click on OK.
If you ever thought of the process being a hard one, I guess that by now you have learnt already how you can about it since everything is very straight forward and so simple for anyone to go about.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below!