How To Create A Document Sharing Website Like Docstoc
Creating your own document sharing website like Docstoc can be one happiest moments in the life of every online money maker. Such a website can be turned into a Revenue Sharing one where by you will share a portion of revenues generated with your site members while at the same time, you can be in position of earning all royalties 100% without sharing. The fact is that on the internet, there are so many users who are constantly looking for the different types of documents to download for their own needs and requirements in both PDF, Word, RTF and many other formats where by taking up such an opportunity will be an achievement since we all have a target of maximizing our online earnings.
The question of what to upload and where to get all your uploads is NO big one since there are so many ways which you can use to get and or to create any document provided that is what users are interested in. One way would be uploading those publicly shared documents and forms for example the Revenue Payment forms, the Tax related Forms and many others which you can get freely with a redistributable license (of course you don’t need any paper or electronic license since they are free for public access already) while the other way would be turning what you know into the different formats for others to download just like you can write an article like this – don’t copy as all my articles are protected by the laws.
Now that you know what to do on the documents issue, the next step will be to start up your document sharing website which can be either a self revenue share or an open revenue sharing website with percentage spliting just like you see how other Revenue sharing website like Docstoc, Hubpages, Webanswers, etc do it and below is how to get started.
1. You will need to buy a custom domain name and get a hosting plan for it. If you have no money to buy either, check out How To Get A Free Domain Name With Free Hosting.
2. The next step will be to configure your domain DNS settings to your hosting by pointing your Domain Nameservers to your Hosting provider.
3. Third step is to upload WordPress in your Domain name so as to have a full functioning CMS. Check How To Upload WordPress On Your Host.
4. You can then personalise how you want your document sharing website to look for example the themes, the categories, the homepage, the permalinks and any other which will base according to your needs.
5. Go to the WordPress Plugins directory and search for “Google Doc Embedder” without quotes, install and active it.
6. Then upload all your PDF files whether on your WordPress media folder if your hosting provider allows file sharing (possible if you are using a paid plan) or any other free file hosting website like Google Docs (Google Docs uptime is 100% reliable) and get all their direct URLs.
7. Now go to posts and select Add new post (should use that option anytime you are creating a new document just like it is when creating a new article), add the document title, its description, look out for the Google Doc Embedder ICON in your Visual Editor tool bar icons, click on it, add your document link URL, configure size and others, save Google Doc Embedder options and Publish your posts.
Now you can go to your website or post link and take a look on your new documents. How exactly documents appear on a site like Docstoc will be the exact way documents will be appearing on your website.
Remember, in the Google Doc Embedder plugin settings, you can configure how you want it your documents to look like for example who should download (all users, logged in users or who), the default size of your documents and many others.
If you did monetize your site with an Ad provider like Google Adsense, you will start earning the moment you get visitors to your site. You can use search engine organic traffic, referral traffic from social sites and many other ways to boost your website traffic.