Whether you run a WordPress blog or any other like Blogger, searching for broken links manually is a hectic process. Since the process involves manually checking each post, the time you spend doing the same is irreplaceable unless you use one of the best free tools to automate the process.
Like we know, fixing broken links is one way which can boost your overall website traffic since visitors keep returning knowing that you direct them to existing sites or posts internally. Additionally, fixing your broken links allows search engines to dig your site deeper, something which can lead to overral search ranking.
In this post, I have shared up the best free 8 broken links checker tools you can use and say bye bye to them. If you really want to see an improvement, you got to try them out and let your website do it automatically.
8 free broken links checker tools
If you are not so sure if your website or blog has some broken links, below are some of the tools which you can use to locate and possibly fix them.
1. Google Webmaster Tools – If you have a GWT account, you can use the Crawler errors feature and find all of your site broken links. Get started here www.google.com/webmaster
2. Bing Webmaster Tools – Bing too has a a broken links feature which can be used to detect any broken link on your site. Start here www.bing.com/webmaster
3. Broken Link Checker – This checks for the internal and external broken link and its a free online tool located here www.brokenlinkcheck.com/broken-links.php
4. XML-Sitemaps – This is a free online tools which has a standalone script which can be used to create sitemaps in addition to finding and fixing all of your website and blog broken links. Get stated here www.xml-sitemaps.com/broken-links.html
5. Website Clean Up – www.websitecleanup.com/broken_links.php
6. Link Tiger – www.linktiger.com
7. Sping Trax – www.springtrax.com
8. Urban75 – www.urban75.org/tech/links.html
Fixing broken links
- Redirecting them to related post and content pages
- Creating related contents and using those exact pages
- Adding a search option for example the one provided by Google
- Adding a list of related links on your site.
Now that you have found all possible broken links on your blog, the next thing is to fix them and which you can do by using any of the following above.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below..