You can get a new Uganda passport today by submitting in all of the required documents together with the e-Passport application form G to any of the Directorate of citizenship and immigration control offices across the country and Consulate / Embassy in other countries.
The New Uganda passport application process has a set of requirements that must be fulfilled in order for one to qualify and be issued with an ordinary, diplomatic, official, and express passport. Let’s take a look at the requirements.
Update: Form G is nolonger applicable since passport application is done online
Requirements for a New Uganda passport
- Dully filled and signed online passport application form G
- 3 White back ground colored passport sized photos
- Recommendation letter with copy of recommenders National ID
- Copy of applicants National ID or NIN number
- Copies of academic documents where applicable
- Proof of payment receipt or payment PRN
- Copy of birth certificate, adoption order consent letter from parents/guardians in case of minors.
- Any other information that may be relevant to the application
How to apply for New Uganda e-Passport
In order to apply for a new Uganda passport, please follow the simple procedures below.
- Download Uganda Passport Application Form G. You can also pick them from any Immigration office.
- Fill in the entire form in handwriting and sign it. Also recommender must sign.
- Visit URA Web portal and generate a Passport bank payment slip.
Also read: How to generate Passport bank payment slip
- Pay the new passport bank fees depending on the type of passport you are applying for e.g Ugx 150,000, 250,000, 400,000, 500,000 etc. See Uganda passport application fees.
- Visit the referenced bank and make payment of the associated fees. You will be issued with a bank proof of payment receipt.
- Make photocopies of all attachments, attach them on the application form G and also carry the originals just in case.
Submitting in your New Uganda passport application
Once you are ready with all the above, the next step is to submit in all of the above documents. You are advised to file Form G together with all copies of required documents in a manila file and in person, hand them over to the receiving officers at the e-Passport receiving section at the Ministry of Internal Affairs or your nearest Passport Control Office or the Regional Immigration Office.