How To Install The StatCounter Snippet / Tracking Code On Your WordPress Self Hosted Website
StatCounter is a service provider which offers free tracking tools to Website and Blog owners including the WordPress sites so as to help the owners get the detailed and in-depth information on their websites and blogs with regard to visitors counts, exit link activities and others. Getting started on Statcounter is something easy since it requires you to only visit their website, create a new account for free, add your site, insert the snippet/tracking code, verify the code on your site and sit down while StatCounter does the whole work for you second by second.
Being one of the top website tracking service, installing the StatCounter code on your website is something which is simple although to many especially those with no programming knowledge can be a harder task to accomplish. Unlike other content management systems, installing the StatCounter Snippet/ Tracking code on a WordPress site is something different and very easy to do as it requires a very less task and a simple plugin for the self hosted sites while on the WordPress.com hosted sites, it is still something simple to do, and below is the entire procedure of adding the code on your WordPress site.
How to install statcounter tracking snippet for WordPress self hosted
1. Log in to your WordPress site, navigate to Plug-ins and select Add New.
2. In the search, type StatCounter and click on search.
3. Choose the ‘StatCounter – Free Real Time Visitor Stats’ StatCounter Official plugin and click Install.
4. Activate the plugin once installed, navigate to Tools and or settings, and open the plugin for set up.
5. Now go Statcounter website assuming your already have an account, or simply register a new account and then choose the Add New Project.
6. In put your Website URL and select other options as per your choice.
7. In the code provided for your site, copy it and paste it on a notepad or wordpad and look out for the line “http://c.statcounter.com/9111xxx/36e1xx/1/
8. Now copy the first numbers in the above link for example 9111xxx and paste them in the project id box, and then copy the next numbers for example f36e1xx and paste them in the security code on the StatCounter settings page on your WordPress site.
9. Click Update options, go to back to the StatCounter website and click on Check Installation. You will see an installation successful message and you will be done. Check out StatCounter Installation guide for WordPress.Com and Blogger.Com Hosted Blogs.