Want to set up, point or map your domain name purchased from Godaddy to your Blogger sub-domain so that you can have and enjoy the full benefits of a top level domain? This post will take you through the entire Guide wit regard to what you are supposed to and which steps and procedures you are supposed to follow. Lets accept, its true that not all Webmasters know the procedures involved not so? And which is why from time to time, I keep posting and sharing those things which may be looked at as being simple yet they are very vital when it comes to doing this.
You saw How to Map a Free Dot Tk domain to Blogger not so, and ere is how to do the same but this time on a domain name located at Go-daddy. As you are aware that Blogger offers free sub domain or blog to anyone provided he or she is ready to follow Google’s product terms, that is why there are so many users using blogger’s blogs aka blogspot.com.
If you have bought your top level domain, please follow the procedures below to have it mapped on your blogspot subdomain. It is simple and easy.
1. Begin by logging into Blogger account and to the blog you would want to use your top level name.
2. Go to settings and click on + Set up a third-party URL for your blog.
3. Under Third-party domain settings, enter your full domain name in the box provided starting with “www” eg www.thekonsulthub.com and save. Also, read how to connect 1and1.com domain to Blogger
4. You will get an error but wit details to do so were by you will copy the codes provided and use then on Godaddy.
5. Now Log in to your Go Daddy account and Launch Domains.
6. Click on the domain you want t map to Blogger and open its Details.
7. Click on DNS Zone file, click Add Record, Select CName under record type, enter Host and Points to as provided by Google (All Two records one by one using the Add another option) and it finish to save settings.
You should give it some few minutes and then return to Blogger and click save settings were you will get a success message.