Also known as Site Map Submission, Adding, Presenting, Proposing, Suggesting, Tendering, presenting your website or blog site map to the popular search engines like Google and Bing (Yahoo) is considered and in fact a very BIG step when it comes to having your webpage well optimized just like a slippery but sloping road can make you reach your destination within only a few minutes as compared to a slippery but hilly road. You must be knowing it that playing Good search engine optimization tips and tricks is the key to any Website or Blog success not so? True, good SEO is what makes a Blog on top of search engines provided you don’t forget about the quality of the contents you provide to your readers.
And as a dream which every Webmaster dreams of, getting that MASS traffic to ones site is what can turn those dreams both you and me dream of, and which you can attain by having your website well optimized. Optimization does not just end at writing keyword rich articles and contents or even using metas on your site but rather, it as well involved having your webpages well indexed in search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL, Yandex and many others of which is the work of your website site map, and which is why you must learn and get to know how exactly to Submit or Add your website in the above search engines.
How Exactly Can You Submit Your Website Sitemap To Google And Bing?
In order to get started, you must create a Webmaster Tools account on either search engines where you want your site map submitted and which is a 100% free account for all who are interested. And to get started, you have to visit both Bing and Google, create an account or acquire an email address and which you can use later for all your account login requirements. Remember, both Google and Bing support a one account use of all their services and which clearly shows that with your email account from either providers, you can use it to create a Webmaster Tools account and in fact logging in other than creating and below is how to do it.
Google Webmaster Tools Site Map Submission
1. Visit www.google.com/webmaster and log in using your Google account.
2. Click on Add a site, enter your Website/Blog URL and hot submit.
3. Choose your preferred verification method for example through Meta Tag, through DNS or any other, copy the code provided, paste it as instructed on your website and hit verify.
4. Once you are done, click on Site Map or go to Crawl, site map and click Add Site Map.
Depending on your website or blog platform, you will only add the ending lines after the .com for example sitemap.xml, verify it to confirm that there are no errors, redo the same step and save it finally you know its worth.
Bing/Yahoo Webmaster Tools Site Map Submission
1. Visit www.bing.com/webmaster and log in using your Live, Outlook, Hotmail and any other Microsoft supported account.
2. Follow all steps 2 and 3 as in Google above.
3. The difference between Bing and Google is that you will be required to Add your website Site Map on registration with an option to add another later.
Once you complete all the above, you will have submitted your website site map to the above search engines and all you will need will be pinging them in order to stay updated.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below.