How To Set Up Internet Services On Made In China Phones – WAP/GRPS/EDGE/3G+ Configurations
To date, China is one county which is experiencing a faster growth in technology, something which has led the massive production and manufacturing of many things including gadgets like mobile phones and their accessories. Different phone models under the different brands and manufactures including G-Tide, Techno, Zte, Huawei and others have been released and such phones are believed to have become more popular especially in those countries like Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ghana, Burundi, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Zambia and many other countries which team up what is known as the African continent.
And unlike the most common and well known older phone brands and models like the Nokias, the Sony-Ericsson, the Alcatels and others which have an automatic support for internet/wap connections with the ability to receive and accept such internet and multi-media messaging settings by way of texting the internet related keywords to some numbers offered by the service provide and or dialing some number codes with regard and getting the settings automatically installed on ones device, this is not the case with most if not all most China made phones which support the internet.
The growing need of different people across the world to get to know what is happening on their favorite sites and others be it soccer updates, accessing website like Facebook, Twitter and others is something which has called for an increase in the purchase of such internet related device and so the need to know how one can be able to set up and or activate the internet services on those phones which are made in China and through this Hub, you will identify how easily to configure your made in China device with regard to fulfilling your internet needs, and below are the steps to required for the entire process.
1. Press the menu option on your phone and navigate to services.
2. Go to data account and click add under the options menu.
3. Enter the account name and enter the access point number according to your provider since different service providers have different access point numbers for example internet.
4. Leave the username and password, primary domain name system, secondary domain name system empty, scroll down to Auth.type and on the set it to normal and save settings.
1. Now go back to services as above and this time, choose internet service and scroll down to settings.
2. Under select a SIM, choose the SIM card you want to use for your internet connection and click on OK.
3. Scroll down to profiles, select the SIM card you choose above and click on ok.
4. If there are default internet profiles, click on edit or simply choose the add new option and click on ok.
5. Write your preferred name under profile name for example the name of your service provider and then enter your preferred homepage for example Hubpages.
6. Click on select under data account, choose your preference for example gprs, select your preferred data account for example the one you added in option one above and click ok.
7. Under connection type, choose either wap or http depending on your service provider support for example under wap, in put your provider internet protocol address for example 000.000.000.000, set security to off and click on done. And for http, set use proxy to yes, enter proxy address (internet protocol address as above), enter proxy port for example 8080 and click on done and done again on the internet service menu.
Upon successful configuration, your China made phone whether techno or any other will be able to access the internet instantly. One thing you need to know is that you might need to call your customer service provider so as to request the correct configuration details like the proxy address, ip address, apn and the proxy port.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below..