How To Transfer Domain From Godaddy To Namecheap In 5 Minutes Only
Wondering how to quickly and instantly transfer your domain from Godaddy to Namecheap in less than 5 minutes? This tutorial will help you learn how to do it, what to do and how to successfully have your domain to your new registrar from the old one asap. I have just did this and the entire process was very easy as counting 1, 2, 3… If you follow the below procedures, then of course you will end up completing the entire process in less than 5 minutes and or not exceeding 30 minutes.
When it comes to domain name transfers from one registrar to another, many people will find it hectic. But know why? The reason is because of not knowing how it exactly works and what is to be done. If you currently have your domain name registered with Godaddy and you made up your mind to transfer it to Namecheap, then this tutorial is just for you.
Both Godaddy and Namecheap are trusted providers. All of them are reputable and so to their features and ease of use. Regardless of the reason you have which is making you call for a transfer just like mine was related to things to do with PayPal payments without being forced to have a different credit / debit card, this how to guide is for you.
How to transfer domain name from Godaddy to Namecheap in 5 minutes
1. Requirements: Before you get started with the entire process, you need to have all the following at hand.
- Access to Godaddy account (log in credentials)
- Access to your domain admin email (for Authorization code purposes).
- At least 45 days since you last renewed or transferred your domain.
- Namecheap account with login access.
- Transfer funds (fees) available eg PayPal or Credit / Debit card.
2. Login in both accounts: Once you have all of the above requirements, it is better to log in to Godaddy and Namecheap accounts as this will help you perform the required tasks easily. You are also supposed to be logged into your domain admin email since the Authorization code will be emailed there.
Procedures to transfer domain from Godaddy to Namecheap
1. Navigate to domains, All domains, click on Edit lock status of the domain you want to transfer and turn it off.
2. Still under all domains, click on the domain name link and then scroll to down under Additional settings.
3. Click “Transfer domain away from GoDaddy” scroll down and click “Continue with transfer”.
Inside admin email
1. Refresh your email inbox and check for an email message from Godaddy with subject ‘domain name – Information You Requested”.
2. Check and copy the Domain transfer Authorization Code.
1. Under domains, click Transfers.
2. Enter the domain you wish to transfer eg Thekonsulthub.com and click transfer.
3. Paste the Authorization code you copied from your email and check box Yes to all.
4. Click on Cart and wait for Cart to be updated.
5. Click View cart and proceed with your payment.
1. Under domains, click on Transfers and view the pending list.
2. Click on the Authorize / Decline link.
3. Click Authorize and your domain will cease to exist in Godaddy.
Very shortly, you will receive a notification from both Godaddy and Namecheap confirming to you that the transfer has been successful. The entire process is very simple, easy and takes less than 30 minutes for everything to be done. There is no DOWN TIME involved for as long as you follows as above.