How To Upgrade Your USB Broadband/Modem Firmware/Dashboard
Just like how smartphones and other mobile devices require upgrades, the same happens to USB Broadband and Modems with Firmware and Dashboards. By default, all modem versions and models from the different manufactures like Huawei, ZTE, Alcatel and others are compatible with any supported upgrades and which means that for those who want to do upgrades, they can easily do that although its done at an owners risk since if any mistake is made during the upgrade process.
Having your device’s firmware and dashboard upgraded to the latest version gives one access to a faster connection since in many cases, for any new version of anything tend to come with additional features for example when I upgraded my Huawei E220 USB dongle, it changed its connection speeds from 4.6Mbps to 7.2Mbps. A Firmware in simple terms can be referred to as a combination of program code and a persistent memory and the data stored in it where by in most cases, such a software is programmed as read only.
In this post, you will discover how to upgrade your modem firmware whether on a Mac, Linux or Windows OS and below is how to get started.
1. Cross check your modem and locate its model or version basing on your modem manufacture or brand for example Huawei, ZTE, Novatel, Option, Sierra, Zoom and or simply use the Generic version f you are not so sure of your modem brand.
2. Additionally, check your operating system for example Linux, Mac or Windows.
3. Download the appropriate Modem Firmware from a website like www.unlocked-dongle.com and have it saved on your computer.
4. Connect the modem you want to upgrade its firmware and extract the downloaded files from the zipped folder.
5. Click open on the Firmware software, accept agreement and follow prompts.
6. The software will attempt to locate a matching modem and once found, you will continue by pressing on the same option.
7. Wait for the modem to download programs until the process is completed.
Your modem will be successfully upgraded to the newer version of firmware or dashboard and you will be done.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below.