If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In INSO Safety Advisors – Afghanistan
Organization: International NGO Safety Organisation
Closing date: 10 Oct 2015
INSO supports the humanitarian community with vital coordination and information services that save lives and improve access.
We are now seeking experienced individuals to join our team as INSO Safety Advisors, based in one of our regional field offices (including Herat and Kandahar).FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
These are highly rewarding roles, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close knit team giving security analysis and advice that is not only some of the best of its kind, but that is also vital to the efforts of the NGO community to deliver aid and assistance to the thousands of people who need it. Successful candidates will be outgoing and resilient, with the ability to analyse complex security issues and contexts, give sound practical safety and security advice, communicate to an excellent standard of English both verbally and in writing, and above all else share INSO’s commitment to humanitarian principles.
Safety Advisor positions are offered on a 1-year renewable term.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Establish and maintain an active information network, which includes NGOs, the UN, military forces, and other national and international security actors to obtain credible and relevant safety information.
- Provide NGOs with timely and credible security information and contextual analysis of the local security situation through: daily FLASH alerts, weekly incident lists and bi-weekly analytical reports.
- Facilitate and lead regular NGO community security roundtables in your region of responsibility, presenting trends and facilitating discussions.
- Assist NGOs in developing their own security management capacities by reviewing policy documents, conducting site-security surveys, and assisting in crisis evacuation planning.
- Manage a small office team including supervising national staff and oversight of local logistics and administration.
- Effectively represent, promote and protect INSO's mandate of independence, impartiality and neutrality.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Graduate level education or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience in insecure/conflict-affected environments.
- Proven writing and analytical abilities (sample requested).
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices & principles and their application.
- Minimum 1 recent year experience in Afghanistan – ideally in an NGO safety role or equivalent – and demonstrable understanding of the security dynamics.
- Employment history that reflects experience in both security and civilian fields.
- Experience with NGO security and/or project management.
- Existing information networks
- Local language skills.
How to apply:
Interested persons are requested to send the following to [email protected] no later than 17:00GMT on 10 October 2015 and ensure to reference ‘INSO Safety Advisor – Afghanistan’ in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1 page maximum).
- Up to date CV (5 page maximum).
- One relevant and substantive writing sample in English that demonstrates your analytical and reporting ability (10 page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.