Iraq: Advocacy Manager
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Iraq: Advocacy Manager
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 11 Nov 2015
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 06 months
The Advocacy Manager will manage all advocacy initiatives and liaise on behalf of Save the Children. The function will be a focal person for advocacy enquiries in the Country Office and from Save the Children International and individual Save the Children members. The function will involve advocacy on the immediate crisis and response, and related longer term issues. The function will ensure that key advocacy messages are adhered to, and will seek clarification on any politically sensitive matters which may impact upon program operations. The post-holder will undertake assignments developing advocacy strategies, and drafting advocacy products.
Qualifications and Expereience
- Prior management experience (5-6 years) in an emergency response contexts or fragile states
- Significant prior work experience in advocacy on humanitarian issues, child rights, human rights, or development issues;
- Master's degree in relevant discipline
- Experience of influencing and advocacy work including lobbying, policy development and information provision in humanitarian issues;
- Excellent skills in advocating towards government officials in developing countries
- Experience of and strong skills in developing and implementing humanitarian advocacy strategies
- Good attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of child rights and international humanitarian law
- Understanding of UN and donor operations at country level
- High level analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Proven skills in media work, including interviews on Radio and TV
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: '[email protected]'
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.