Jordan: Refugee Case Manager (Fluent in Arabic and English)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Jordan: Refugee Case Manager (Fluent in Arabic and English)
Organization: Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project
Closing date: 20 Nov 2015
The International Refugee Assistance Project ("IRAP") is a legal and policy advocacy organization that works to develop and enforce a system of legal and human rights for refugees. Its services are provided by a staff in New York, supplemented by a field staff in the Middle East, as well as pro bono lawyers from leading law firms and law students who have developed IRAP chapters at 26 campuses in the United States and Canada. IRAP is the first organization to provide comprehensive legal representation to refugees seeking to be resettled in the United States.
Vulnerable refugees, especially from Syria and Iraq, represent one of the fastest growing refugee populations in the world. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) estimates more than four million “persons of concern” have been displaced from Syria alone as a result of the current conflict. IRAP is seeking an Amman, Jordan-based Refugee Case Manager to specialize in outreach, screening, intakes, and assistance to especially vulnerable refugees in Jordan.
The Refugee Case Manager would report to IRAP’s Jordan Legal Services Coordinator (based in Jordan) and IRAP’s Legal Director (based in New York). The goal of the position is to identify particularly vulnerable refugees (including but not limited to: women at-risk, LGBTI individuals, survivors of torture, human rights advocates, unaccompanied minors and children, and refugees with medical emergencies) in need of protection and legal assistance.
This is a three-month contract position with a possibility of extension depending on IRAP’s future case management needs.
- Conduct outreach to NGOs, community leaders, and individuals in the refugee community to form partnerships for the identification and referral of particularly vulnerable cases;
- Collect and document case referrals;
- Screen case referrals for eligibility for IRAP legal assistance in accordance with IRAP intake procedures and criteria;
- Refer cases as appropriate to other NGOs or agencies for social services and other humanitarian support;
- Refer cases to UNHCR for protection or resettlement assistance; and
- Assist IRAP students and attorneys with on the ground support for legal cases on behalf of clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Native Arabic speaker (must be comfortable in Levantine and Iraqi dialects)
- Strong English proficiency (written and spoken)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Experience working with refugees and/or survivors of trauma, in particular survivors of sexual and gender-based violence and LGBTI individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to and reside in Jordan for at least three months
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The ideal applicant is able to start by October 15th.
IRAP is an equal opportunity employer.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
This position is based in Amman, Jordan. Salary is commensurate with experience and on a local salary scale.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and reference contact information by completing an application form available here and on the Jobs page of our website.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.