Kenya: Policy Manager – Regional East African Global Fund Project
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: Policy Manager – Regional East African Global Fund Project
Organization: Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium
Closing date: 14 Sep 2015
KANCO is a key partner to the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (TGF) and is assuming the role of Principal Recipient of TGF grant in the Regional East African HIV Harm Reduction Project. The project will be rolled out in eight countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Burundi, Ethiopia, Seychelles and Mauritius). In its role as Principal Recipient, KANCO will ensure quality and effective program implementation, program financial management, timely procurement of supplies and service delivery as well as efficient monitoring and evaluation of the grant implementation activities.
For the implementation of the project, KANCO has established a Programme Management Unit (‘PMU’) which will coordinate and oversee the implementation of the project and ensure compliance of the terms and conditions of the grant agreements with the TGF and as well as the KANCO rules, policies and procedures. The PMU will ensure coordination with other initiatives funded by the Global Fund and other health programmes. In addition, it is critical the PMU links with the implementing countries regional offices, other Country Offices acting as PR for Global Fund programmes in the region and globally.
KANCO is seeking to employ suitable persons for the following positions to form part of the PMU
1. Policy Manager
Summary of the Position
The job-holder will be responsible for coordinating implementation of Policy Advocacy strategies and activities that facilitate the achievement of KANCO’s regional Harm Reduction project goals.
- Analyse the existing regional policies and legal frameworks, emerging program on harm reduction in East Africa and identify issues or policy areas to explore, address and develop.
- Spearhead the formulation and implementation of a plan of action in conducting the Harm Reduction Program.
- Coordinate with the Sub Recipients, Regional partners, Governments and stakeholders on status of Policy on Harm Reduction
- Review outputs from studies and research on harm reduction within the program implementation in order to contribute in the production of policy briefs, policy reviews and new policies development.
- Coordinate with National, Regional and International partners on harm reduction Policy-related concerns;
- Evaluate the effects of existing policies and government programs on harm reduction in East Africa and beyond and share this information with the technical working group and other relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluate research methods and innovative approaches to research projects on new or expanding program and policy areas in Harm reduction within the region
- Spearhead the development of evidence-based advocacy materials
- Monitor and appraise KANCO, Sub Recipients and stakeholders on the reform environment and use the information generated to improve the advocacy elements of program
- Represent KANCO in related advocacy forums, Committees and TWGs.
- Develop strong relationships with key health and HIV policy leaders, and strengthen and expand the organization's and Sub recipients participation in relevant policy meetings and deliberations;
- Collaborate with the Communications staff as needed, to help develop strong and effective advocacy and media messages to support the harm reduction work
- Regularly provide updates to the Program Director and other Divisions regarding policy advocacy status
- Keep a fruitful relationship and liaise with the policy representatives and other stakeholders through informal and formal networking briefings and interactions such as participating in the relevant donor thematic group meetings/consultative groups and advisory groups
- Mentoring and coaching the sub recipients’ advocacy staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
The job holder MUST possess:
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Public Health, Project Management, or any relevant discipline (including social science)
- Minimum of 6 years relevant NGO experience related to the job requirements, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Strong representation skills and capabilities for high level policy work;
- Solid negotiations skills, articulation and assertiveness in communication, Skills to present and defend their views, Creative and independent thinking, Integrity and diplomacy;
- Familiarity with NGOs and development work an advantage
- Familiarity with legislative work and engaging other national government agencies,will be an added advantage
- A good team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel up to 45% of the time
- Proven knowledge and skills in implementing advocacy projects and complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex process and information integration issues
- Must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical and creative skills
- Report Writing skills
- Communication skills
- Operational Skills
- Initiative, diligence and attention to detail
- Eligibility to live and work in Kenya
- Working Knowledge of both French and English Language is an asset
How to apply:Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and a résumé indication your current and expected salary. Indicate the title of position on the subject line.
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Applications to be sent to the Human Resource Office ONLY via email: [email protected] Please do not attach certificates and testimonials at this point. Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted. Applicants who do not hear from us by 30th September 2015 should consider themselves unsuccessful
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.