Kenya: Project Consultant GEF SUSTRAN,(Nairobi), Deadline: 18 September 2015
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: Project Consultant GEF SUSTRAN,(Nairobi), Deadline: 18 September 2015
Organization: UN Human Settlements Program
Closing date: 18 Sep 2015
Download PDF Version
CONSULTANT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT –**Issued on: 2 September 2015**
FUNCTIONAL TITLE:Project Consultant GEF SUSTRAN
CLOSING DATE:18 September 2015
Supported by Global Environmental Facility (GEF), UN-Habitat is executing the “Promoting Sustainable Transport Solutions for East African Cities” (GEF SUSTRAN) Project. The overall goal of the GEF SUSTRAN project is to create the technical and institutional basis for implementing metropolitan sustainable transport networks and systems and establish a demonstration corridor for sustainable urban mobility in the three capital cities of Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya.
The project began implementation in 2011 with UN-Habitat supporting the respective governments on activities towards developing a sustainable demonstration transport corridor in each city. To date the 3 cities have identified the demonstration corridors, where they are introducing Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), improved non- motorised transport (NMT) and applying Travel Demand Management (TDM) as well as other supporting policies. Much work remains on planning and detailed design for implementation of the demonstration corridors and on operational aspects of the BRT.
The Project Consultant will support the implementation of the various activities of the project in the three cities of Addis Ababa, Kampala and Nairobi. The Consultant will also provide support to the collaboration project “Catalyzing Low Carbon Transport in Kenya” (CLCT) and assist in efforts to develop the portfolio of UN-Habitat’s urban mobility activities.
The consultant is required to prepare and submit a monthly report within the first week of every month.
- Support the overall SUSTRAN project implementation in the project cities of Addis Ababa, Kampala and Nairobi liasing with local focal points.
- Formulation of activities to promote progress towards efficient operation including facilitate stakeholder engagement and transformation of paratransit in Nairobi, support towards establishment of effective BRT Agencies and support on Mass Rapid Transport systems integration with NMT in the 3 cities.
- Support the project “Catalyzing Low Carbon Transport in Kenya” including developing Agreement of Cooperation to facilitate initiatives on a pilot project, design of a pilot project, organising and conducting participatory workshops for Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMP) and dissemination of the SUMP.
- Support replication of the SUMP and development of such projects in other identified towns of Kenya.
The consultant will prepare a proposed work schedule for the period 1 September 2015 to 30 April 2016.
The Consultant will work under the overall management of the Coordinator of the Urban Basic Services Branch, reporting to the Lead Human Settlements Officer, Urban Mobility, Urban Basic Services Branch, UN-Habitat and will work in close collaboration with Project team members.
Professionalism – Demonstrates professionalism in carrying out the assignment and competence.
Planning and Organizing – Ability to develop clear goals with agreed strategies and adjusts plans and actions in relation to changing implementation circumstances.
Communication Teamwork – Submission of monthly reports is required and the consultant needs good command of English both written and spoken as well as demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Accountability –Be able to take ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments to meet deadlines**.**
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Geography, Urban Planning, Project Management or Public/Business Administration.
- At least 5 (five) years of working experience in the transport policy sector or in comparable sectors.
- Experience in project management, especially in relation to urban transport.
- Experience in working with and supporting national Government institutions.
- Extensive experience on policy approaches and strategic plans related to the project subject.
Excellent command of English is required.
Payments will be based on deliverables over the consultancy period. There are set remuneration rates for consultancies. The rate is determined by functions performed and experience of the consultant. The fees will be paid as per agreement.
How to apply:
Applications should include:
• Cover memo (maximum 1 page)
• CV in the PHP format, accessible through the INSPIRA website (inspira.un.org) Please note, if using INSPIRA for the first time, you need to register in order to activate your account, which will allow you to log in and create a personal History Profile.
• The PHP should be attached to the application as a PDF file.
• Summary CV (maximum 2 pages), indicating the following information:
- Educational Background (incl. dates)
- Professional Experience (assignments, tasks, achievements, duration by years/ months)
- Other Experience and Expertise (e.g. Internships/ voluntary work, etc.)
- Expertise and preferences regarding location of potential assignments
- Expectations regarding remuneration
• Cover memo (maximum 1 page)Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Please also be advised that since April 15th 2010, applicants for consultancies must be part of the
UN-HABITAT e-Roster in order for their application to be considered. You can reach the e-Roster
through the following link: http://e-roster.unhabitat.org
All applications should be submitted to:
Ms. Elizabeth Makeba
P.O. Box 30030, 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 18 September 2015
UN-HABITAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: [email protected]
Download PDF Version
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.