Kenya: Project Manager, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (Kenya)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: Project Manager, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (Kenya)
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation
Closing date: 30 Sep 2015
Are you committed to helping to improve the health of women and children in rural and socio-economically disadvantaged areas in Kenya? Do you have the commitment, drive, and experience required to manage a large health project targeted at improving Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) in these areas? The Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa) is seeking a dynamic and qualified Project Manager for a newly funded Maternal, Newborn and Child Health position to be based in Nairobi and report to the Regional Programme Director
The Project Manager will be expected to take lead on planning, coordinating and overseeing project activities to support the goal of the five-year *Access to Quality Care through Extending and Strengthening Health Systems (AQCESS)*Project in Kenya. AQCESS – a multi-country project of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) – seeks to improve health outcomes of women of reproductive age and children byenhancing the availability and utilization of essential health services for pregnant women, newborns and children under five and improving the quality of these services. The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the project in Kilifi and Kisii counties. The project in Kenya is implemented by the Aga Khan Foundation, East Africa in partnership with sister organizations in the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) including Aga Khan Health Services and Aga Khan University.
AKF is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia.In Kenya, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in education, early childhood development, health, nutrition and civil society strengthening.
The Project Manager will oversee the implementation and reporting of the project, including overseeing project progress, the timely implementation of activities, the provision of sub-grants and consulting contracts as needed, coordinating with staff from AKF and the other AKDN agencies in the two counties on a daily basis. S/he will collaborate with relevant government stakeholders. While the Project Manager reports operationally to the Regional Program Director of AKF in Kenya, s/he will also provide project updates and progress reports to the AQCESS Project Management Unit which is overseeing the other country projects. Together with the project implementing partners, the Project Manager will lead the liaison, coordination and collaboration with the key local stakeholders, particularly the county and sub-county governments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in public health or related fields;
- At least eight years’ experience in the health sector in developing countries, preferably East Africa.
- At least five years’ experience in managing large and complex health projects (MNCH, nutrition) in developing countries. Experience in gender and early childhood development is an added advantage;
- Demonstrated capacity to write high quality reports for donor projects and analytical briefs;
- Strong familiarity with monitoring and evaluation methodologies and logical frameworks;
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge of Kiswahili will be an advantage;
- Superior analytical, organisational, interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a large team of staff, individual experts and partners;
- Experience of working with the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and other bilateral donors is desirable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees by Wednesday, 30th September, 2015, addressed toRegional Human Resource Officer Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa)by e-mail to:**[email protected]**Please mention the title of the position and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.