Kenya: Safe House Cook
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: Safe House Cook
Organization: Heshima Kenya
Closing date: 04 Nov 2015
Heshima Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee minors, especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs. The cook position is based at the Safe House Project site and reports directly to the HR & Administration Officer. S/he will work closely with the safe house staff to ensure participants/beneficiaries are served their meals in time.
- Setting weekly menus ensuring balance diet for the participant and of those with special medical preferences.
- Ensure timely purchase and delivery of groceries; submit requests to the Finance and Admin Officer in a reasonable time frame for approval
- Report all issues regarding safe house meal in times and shopping to the safe house
- Maintain and provide an updated inventory of all supplies including food, cleaning supplies, crockery, utensils etc to the Finance and Admin Officer
- Maintain general site cleanliness of the entire program site, including toilets, classroom, and offices
- Provide and cook nutritional and healthy meals
- Present to work daily and on time, unless prior approval was granted by the HR and Admin Officer
- Maintain professional conduct at all times
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regard to each participant served by any and all Heshima Kenya’s programs.
- Have attained O levels [KCSE]
- Catering and or nutrition certificate or Diploma from a recognized institution
- Three years of proven experience in cooking
- A valid medical certificate
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Able to maintain confidentiality agreement and information
- Certificate of good conduct
- Uphold high levels of honesty, integrity and unquestionable character
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- ability to mother and to mentor young girls and children
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be a mature Kenyan Citizen.
How to apply:
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications should send an application letter indicating your current & expected salary and a detailed CV with daytime telephone contact to reach the undersigned on or before Wednesday 4th November 2015.
Applicants should be ready to begin immediately
Note: HK is any equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.